Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
Grand Canyon Late Afternoon
Posted By: Bob Harris, 05-27-2012, 02:41 PM

with a little bit of haze starting to set in was the end of the day for us. Back to the motorhome for dinner in Williams AZ.

Attached Images

Views: 2,946
05-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #46
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
This was a quick snap end of the day that was handheld. I edited it using Picasa, a free editing program and didn't really do a lot to the photo. I am just a regular guy who enjoys sharing our travels in our motorhome full time. Like I have said before, my photos aren't the best, but I try to have an interesting thread to encourage others to travel and enjoy themselves through the photos I post. Thanks for commenting, it is appreciated that you are polite and considering. Bob
Again, excellent photo. I think whatever you did in Picasa gave a good result, but it does look like the background colors were compressed by the JPG format or by Picasa. I'm curious to see what it looked like prior to any editing.

My preference for my own processing is to fix photographic errors (tilt, white balance, high ISO noise) and bring out extra detail (boost shadows, cut through haze). In that canyon photo the distant haze helps to make the photo, so my usual "process to remove haze" would be very wrong.

05-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Again, excellent photo. I think whatever you did in Picasa gave a good result, but it does look like the background colors were compressed by the JPG format or by Picasa. I'm curious to see what it looked like prior to any editing.

My preference for my own processing is to fix photographic errors (tilt, white balance, high ISO noise) and bring out extra detail (boost shadows, cut through haze). In that canyon photo the distant haze helps to make the photo, so my usual "process to remove haze" would be very wrong.
I don't have a lot of storage space, so I delete any originals that I have, really no reason for me to keep them as the processed photos are sent out to family and friends and posted here on PF. I have never thought even about having a photo printed nor do I have a gallery or album. I use the photos I take for temporary enjoyment purposes and hope to visit new territory for more experiences, adventures and take new photos to share. Your kind words are truly appreciated. Bob
05-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by raulmercado Quote
colors, details, excellent job.
Thank you for taking a look here and your kind words, more importantly welcome to PF, a wonderful place to share your photography with a great group of people, looking forward to your posts. Bob
05-30-2012, 02:55 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fantastic!
I was there 12 years ago, thank you for bringing memories back
kind regards
jack

05-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great image Bob,

I've never been to the Grand Canyon but it is certainly on my bucket list.

Tom G
06-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
Fantastic!
I was there 12 years ago, thank you for bringing memories back
kind regards
jack
thank you Jack, it is a wonderful place isn't it and I think our memories are better than the photos we capture. thanks Bob
06-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Great image Bob,

I've never been to the Grand Canyon but it is certainly on my bucket list.

Tom G

thank you for the kind words Tom, yes you should see this one of these days, it is a big whole in the ground I can tell you that and you won't be disappointed. Don't get too close to the edge though.

06-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote

I've been thinking about the original photos I have been taking and got to looking around and found thousands of photos I didn't even know were being saved on my computer. I found out why my space was being used so fast on the computer. Anyway, I found the original photo if you care to play with it, not much here to view, but fun to play with I guess, I did resize it. Thanks for making me look and search, I think I cleaned up 10gb of space on the hard drive
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #54

Photos: Gallery
Bob, I think the colors look better here than on cameraenthusist.com I have problems there with my colors getting muted. Looks great here.