Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Can anyone identify these?
Lens: DA 35 Ltd. Camera: K5 Photo Location: My garden ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F19 
Posted By: top-quark, 05-28-2012, 04:51 PM

My garden is somewhat, er, disorganized but there are loads of really pretty wild flowers. I was wondering whether anyone knows what these are because I don't.

Actual settings were 1/50 @ F20. I used the onboard flash with an Interfit diffuser. I thought they turned out rather well. Comments and criticism welcome.
Views: 669
05-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
#2 looks like a cinquefoil or mock strawberry (something in the rose family). You might get more ID help if you suggest a location. I recently picked up the Interfit diffuser and am finding it very useful -- it has served you well here. Note that small apertures are not the sharpest because of diffraction effects, so you might want to experiment with larger apertures. Of course you end up with less DOF then.
05-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots and I will leave it at that because you are probably looking for more than the 'Purple One' and the "Yellow One"