Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some random shots from around Banff
Lens: 16-45 and 18-135 Camera: K 5 Photo Location: Alberta, Canada 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 05-28-2012, 07:17 PM

View from our camper the next morning, temp. was 0 C.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Views: 899
05-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
very nice
05-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Heinrich, I was enjoying all of your beautiful photos and when I got to the photo of the the road approaching the snow capped mountain, I thought this is the perfect photo for us RV folks. The open road and look what new adventure is ahead. I love the reflection photos, these are double the pleasure views. The last photo of course is just part of the game and always fun to look back and say, remember when....
05-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Henrich, one of the most beautiful locations in Canada. Thank you fro sharing. JIM

05-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heinrich great shots we both know it's one of the most beautiful places on earth and you have shown some of it's beauty here for sure. Knowing the area it's great to see shots I did not see. I really like them all.
05-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Great shots of a beautiful area Heinrich. All of these draw you into the scene. Is that campground in Banff NP? Looks like the one we stayed in when we were there.
05-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tweet25 Quote
very nice
Thank you and do take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Heinrich, I was enjoying all of your beautiful photos and when I got to the photo of the the road approaching the snow capped mountain, I thought this is the perfect photo for us RV folks. The open road and look what new adventure is ahead. I love the reflection photos, these are double the pleasure views. The last photo of course is just part of the game and always fun to look back and say, remember when....
Thank you Bob for the nice comments, as far as the snow goes, such is life on the road. We stayed another 3 days after that and it stayed cool but sunny.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Henrich, one of the most beautiful locations in Canada. Thank you fro sharing. JIM
Thank you Jim and you are welcome.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Heinrich great shots we both know it's one of the most beautiful places on earth and you have shown some of it's beauty here for sure. Knowing the area it's great to see shots I did not see. I really like them all.
Thank you Dave, as you well know we could go tomorrow to the same area and take totally different pictures

Take care,.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Great shots of a beautiful area Heinrich. All of these draw you into the scene. Is that campground in Banff NP? Looks like the one we stayed in when we were there.
Susan, thank you for the kind comments. You are right of course, the campground is in Banff. (Tunnel Mountain Trailer Court)
05-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Those are really superb shots Heinrich, I loved every one of them! Gorgeous scenery...makes me realize how bad I need a vacation!

Regards!

05-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Those are really superb shots Heinrich, I loved every one of them! Gorgeous scenery...makes me realize how bad I need a vacation!

Regards!
Thank you Rupert, glad that you liked them. As for vacation, just come on up there is lots of room in the north country.

Take care,
05-30-2012, 04:42 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Great stuff Heinrich,

Reminds me of the fact I headed West a number of years ago on vaction thinking I would go to the coast. Got as far as Banff and saw no reason to go any further.
I must return some day.

Tom G
05-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #11
MSL
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Time for a head to head shootout between you and Dave
In seriousness it actually would be interesting to see how the two of you interpret the same scene from roughly the same vantage point, since you've both shown us some great images of this part of the world.
05-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nicely shot Heinrich.--charliezap
05-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Great stuff Heinrich,

Reminds me of the fact I headed West a number of years ago on vaction thinking I would go to the coast. Got as far as Banff and saw no reason to go any further.
I must return some day.

Tom G
Hi Tom and thank you. Sometimes we forget how lucky we are living here, less than hours drive to the trailer court in Banff and than one meets people from all over the world that spent a small fortune just to see what is so easily available to us.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Time for a head to head shootout between you and Dave
In seriousness it actually would be interesting to see how the two of you interpret the same scene from roughly the same vantage point, since you've both shown us some great images of this part of the world.
Thanks for the kind words but I wont be able to keep up with Dave.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Very nicely shot Heinrich.--charliezap
Thank you Charlie and do take care.
05-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #14
MSL
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Thanks for the kind words but I wont be able to keep up with Dave
Most of us can't, but you are a lot closer than I am
I actually didn't see it as a competition, but rather a curiosity on how two capable photographers might interpret the same scene
05-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Most of us can't, but you are a lot closer than I am
I actually didn't see it as a competition, but rather a curiosity on how two capable photographers might interpret the same scene
You guys crack me up - I am just a weekend warrior that has the same passion as both of you two and a lot of members here. One of the interesting things on two photo shoots I have been on was just that , many people , same area , compare shots , it's interesting to see what each individual shoots and sometimes you go wow I never saw that !