Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Not Squirrels!
Lens: Bigma 50-500 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Rupert, 05-29-2012, 08:25 PM

They come every night to rob Otis feeder and check for food scraps. They've been coming for years. Not the best IQ, but with flash I need a lot more practice for this type of shot.

[IMG] [/IMG]

You don't look all that happy to see me?
[IMG] [/IMG]

I stepped out on the deck later and she was eating the leftover chicken I had put out. She immediately growled at me, and I went back in......these are wild creatures, not to be mistaken for friendly Squirrels! They are capable of awesome damage if you tangle with them. Not aggressive, but they will stand their ground when food or their babies are involved........

Regards!.......Trust me, it beats shooting weddings!
Views: 490
05-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Rupert, that girl raccoon shows attitude, very nice pictures though. As for the wedding thing I agree with you wholeheartedly. Way back when I did weddings for a few years but I quit it I think it was in 1958. Never shot another wedding after that, not even as a favour to family.
05-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Rupert, that girl raccoon shows attitude, very nice pictures though. As for the wedding thing I agree with you wholeheartedly. Way back when I did weddings for a few years but I quit it I think it was in 1958. Never shot another wedding after that, not even as a favour to family.
I knew you were a wise man Heinrich!

Regards!
05-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I get visits from their canadian cousins regularly. Went to let Blu out at 530 this morning and there was one in the yard. caught Blu by the collar just in time ..... no desire to spend the morning at the vet dealing with the probable injuries. Blue was going crazy (sorry neighbours) the Coon just stared at us and proceeded to dig up some veg i just planted GRRR

05-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The raccoon can indeed be viscous but they like to pose for ya a nice series Rupert.
05-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
Pentaxian

They are cute but they don't wear the mask for no reason. To save Otis' feelings you should have taken the shot with your toy camera.