Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Homewaters II
Lens: Pentax 12-24 Camera: k-5 Photo Location: East Fork of the Illinois River ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/10s Aperture: F22 
Posted By: Marcus Kauffman, 05-30-2012, 09:31 PM

Visited my folks for the weekend and had a chance to shoot "grandma's river" as my daughter calls it at late light. I only had to wade through mid-thigh water to get to the point where I could set up and shoot. My folks thought I was nuts but you all know that those kinds of things are simply part of the adventure.

This is the East Fork of the Illinois River as it runs through the Illinois Valley near the community of Takilma in deep southern Oregon. This stretch of water is where I learned to swim and , shhh!--pitched forked my first salmon. Such a great stretch of water to have just a few 100 feet from my door growing up.

My daughter, of course, insisted on going in but it was just a dunk and I did not get shot of her in water. I'll post some images from that little movie in another thread.

Enjoy!

Marcus

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 829
05-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These are really both very beautiful photographs!
05-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Marcus, nice to see you! Thanks for sharing this beautiful place with us, both the memories and the photos!
05-31-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lovely place and I agree great place to grow up - you did well to capture these beauties.

05-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

These want me to get my bathing suit on (not a pretty sight). What a place to grow up.
05-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RM Barker Quote
These are really both very beautiful photographs!
Thanks RM!

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Hi Marcus, nice to see you! Thanks for sharing this beautiful place with us, both the memories and the photos!
Hey Tess--good to be on the forum again! Thanks for the comments!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Lovely place and I agree great place to grow up - you did well to capture these beauties.
It was full of adventure as a kid (a free range childhood) tres boring as a teenage and, now, a great place to share with my daughter.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
These want me to get my bathing suit on (not a pretty sight). What a place to grow up.
Glad it moves you in one way or another. These images make me want to pull up a lawn chair, crack a cold one, and soak up the serenity. (perhaps because I know the water is very cold this time of year!)

Thanks everyone!

Marcus