Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Netherlands and Dublin
Posted By: gnaztee, 01-20-2008, 04:54 PM

My Lightroom trial expired, so used Pentax Photo Lab and Elements 4.0. Let me know what you think!

Amsterdam

Kinderdijk - Foggy (my wife, who is Dutch, rolls her eyes when I ask to go here)

Speaking of...my wife at the New Year (notice the champagne glass)

And another sparkler design

Amsterdam "Koestraat"

Bikes and Canals

Dublin - Temple Bar

Cheese at the Temple Bar Market

Hey Bartender...at the Guinness Storehouse

That's more like it!

And two of my favorites:
At the Guiness Storehouse (outside)

At the Old Jameson Distillery

Still processing some, I'll add more in the next couple of days...

Thanks for looking!

Todd
Views: 3,388
01-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
hll

Photos: Gallery
impressive!!!
01-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

A nice series love the circle of light and the BW ones. Also the Guinness that may be because I crave one now! Thanks for posting
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like them all. The B&W are the best of the series. My son's name is Jameson due to an incident with some ... well too much info already. It is the unusual spelling in the states and he gets asked all the time.

01-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Excellent, they really give a great feeling of the two places. I especially like the monochromes.
01-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
racinsince55

Nice series
01-21-2008, 01:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone :)

I put a few up for the Pentax Gallery, just to see. They were all declined. This one is still up for consideration; or, at least, it's still not in the declined pile!

It's the side of a cathedral in Breda, Netherlands.

I think Dublin and Amsterdam are somewhat liberating for travel photography, as there aren't MAJOR landmarks (like Eiffel Tower, Space Needle, Big Ben, etc.) that you feel you have to get photos of, so I could focus on smaller things. The comment that it catches the essence is cool, as I was trying to. So, thanks! And thanks all of you who checked them out!

Todd
Zenfolio | Todd Naskedov

01-21-2008, 01:36 AM   #8
Veteran Member

This shot is stunning in deed. Love this conversion of B+W the best
01-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Beautiful series. I really like the one of the Temple bar.
01-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The B&W's are great and I really like the "hey bartender" shot, great composition. Very nice series.
01-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #11
Veteran Member

you have very steady hands! Very nice shots.
01-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of the things I really like about this section of the forum is seeing photos from places I'll probably never get to visit!! Very nice series - and I really like the windmill shot. Thanks for sharing.
01-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
One of the things I really like about this section of the forum is seeing photos from places I'll probably never get to visit!! Very nice series - and I really like the windmill shot. Thanks for sharing.
i noticed that north americans say that alot...

do you guys have a problem with travelling? Take a week off, pick a random place on the globe and go nuts.
01-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, being North American and having a Dutch wife, I get to contrast the differences in travel preferences quite easily. The biggest problem here (at least in the U.S., can't speak for Canada) is that most jobs only give 10 vacation days a year, while the European countries seem to value actually having a life outside of work (imagine that). If someone needs to visit relatives, that doesn't really leave much time for international vacations. Not to mention that this country is so big and varied, there are myriad vacation possibilities here that are far different from a part of the country one may live in. Now, I do a lot of both, but I'm a teacher and have a lot of time off. I think some are "isolationists" when it comes to travel, whether from a fear of the unknown, or just a general arrogance that "America is the best, why would I leave?" But I suspect that the majority just can't find the time or money to do so (especially with the current state of the dollar).

Thanks for looking at my pics!

Todd
05-18-2009, 04:05 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote

It's the side of a cathedral in Breda, Netherlands.
Um, that is "just" de "grote kerk"(Big church) in Breda. The Cathedral (i.e. the "home church of the Bishop) is a few blocks away... Kathedraal Breda