Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Shots with Bigma
Posted By: BrianK, 01-20-2008, 07:14 PM

My first images with the Bigma on K10 body. Just sharpened a bit but otherwise as they came. I think once I get used to this lens, it is going to be very nice for long shots and birds.

The mountains were taken from the dyke in Ladner BC to the Lions in North Vancouver, I don't know how far as the crow flies but easily 10 to 20 miles.

The Buffelhead duck is a crop from a full size image. Taken from about 30 feet.

Clicking on the image will result in full size photos.

Views: 1,552
01-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on the lens Brian - very nice mountain shot. The water colors contrast with the duck very well. Enjoy the lens and it is surprisingly versatile even hand held.
01-21-2008, 06:32 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Wow, the Bufflehead is a great shot. The mountain shot has me stunned, that is amazing detail considering where you shot it from. My mother lives in Ladner and I've walked that dike, to get that detail from that distance is truly amazing... I want this lens!
01-21-2008, 08:08 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Both very good shots. You're gonna like this lens. It's about as versatile as they get with such a long range. You'll appreciate SR even more when hand held.

Looks like your sensor could use a little cleaning in tht first shot.

01-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments. They are not the greatest shots but it gave me an idea of what this lens can do.

I noticed the dust on the sensor after I posted the shot. I checked later shots and did a test after I changed back to the Da 18-250 and the dust is gone. (I have a good number of shots of blue sky in the 7000 plus shots on my K10)

If I have one bug with the K10, it is the easy that dust gets in the body no matter how careful you are. I suspect it it the same with all DSLRs. At least the SR/Dust system gets rid of most and a Rocket blower gets the sticky ones. I always change lenses with the body pointing down and try not to change them in dusty conditions eg: road side etc.

I hope to get out on Tuesday and test the lens some more so that I can get familiar with handling it. I also picked up the Sigma 10-20 but have not had time to try it out on anything much yet.
01-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You used the lens very well.
I have been planning to sell my bigma as I cannot use it well.

Really nice pleasant shots with great colour and details