Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

A Grasshopper named Tiny
Posted By: tessfully, 06-04-2012, 07:53 AM

I found this little guy while photographing rain drops on geraniums. He is no bigger than one centimeter!! I found it interesting how well the K5 works in low light and on a high ISO settings. I could have cropped these down but I like the way he looks among the geranium leaves and water droplets. (I think I am getting hooked on bugs )

this is ISO 400 f/8

ISO 800 f/8

and the rest are ISO 1600 f/8

Views: 1,184
06-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I believe that until ISO 1600 it should be able to, but beyond that the K-5 will win out. You may also be benefiting from a rather uniform (green) and fairly bright image so that the graininess isn't as apparent. Good that you are experimenting - it is the only way to grow.
Of course you are right on both counts Marc. The K5 seems to be boundless where ISO is concerned, and my kx is adequate up to 800. Seems every day I find something new to try with the camera. I wonder what will happen to me when the inspiration dies.

QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
gee these are so impressive, great job.

cheers
Thank you Cee Cee!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
A handsome little critter. You certainly have the sharpness and colour dialled in. The detail is sensational.
Thanks Bruce. I appreciate your comments ... and who would have thought that a grasshopper could look so dapper!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Oh, for heaven's sake Tess, quit it will you. Such a complex you are handing out. This is one beautiful series of shots. Love everyone of them. The hairs on the geraniums even. Keep them coming.
Susan, I so appreciate your comments! Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
He's a cute little guy! Love those colors and that's some impressive detail for 1600 ISO! Beautiful shots, all of them!
Thanks Lori... it is funny how long it took me to try the higher ISO...I just wouldn't believe it could be good enough and resisted till now...

QuoteOriginally posted by canajuneh Quote
Oh Wow!
Thank you canajuneh!!

06-07-2012, 05:13 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
stunning captures of this little one... the colors, bokeh and clarity our outstanding... dave m