Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Little Big Horn and Teddy Roosevelt
Posted By: slowpez, 06-04-2012, 08:58 AM

The first two are from Little Big Horn and the last two from Teddy Roosevelt (located in North Dakota). All were taken in '09.

Last edited by slowpez; 07-01-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Views: 651
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
I've got to ask if #2 is a photo or a painting?
06-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,433
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I've got to ask if #2 is a photo or a painting?
As you probably know, they have a large herd of wild horses in the park and we were lucky enough to see them. Sadly, it is not the sharpest of photos but I like it anyway. Who knows, maybe now that my skills have improved a bit we may go back and see them again.
06-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 22,944
Nice collection, Susan. The picture of the horses is especially compelling.

Jer

06-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,477
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
As you probably know, they have a large herd of wild horses in the park and we were lucky enough to see them. Sadly, it is not the sharpest of photos but I like it anyway. Who knows, maybe now that my skills have improved a bit we may go back and see them again.
We have visited there twice and never saw a horse, the photo is so good I thought it might be a painting. Glad you got to see them, I thought they might have just said there were wild horses there, now I have the proof. Bob
06-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 8,220
Wonderful photo's. My wife and I were also at Teddy Roosevelt Park in the summer of '09...wanted to go to Little Big Horn, Montana...but time issues. Wish we had.
06-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,433
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Nice collection, Susan. The picture of the horses is especially compelling.

Jer
Thanks Jer. It is one of my favorites.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
We have visited there twice and never saw a horse, the photo is so good I thought it might be a painting. Glad you got to see them, I thought they might have just said there were wild horses there, now I have the proof. Bob
Thanks for the nice comment Bob. I can't wait to get back out west.

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Wonderful photo's. My wife and I were also at Teddy Roosevelt Park in the summer of '09...wanted to go to Little Big Horn, Montana...but time issues. Wish we had.
The whole place is pretty compelling and one of the best battlefields we have visited. Much like Gettysburg, it puts you in the center of the action.
06-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
Susan #2 is a stunner and need to be on a wall for all to enjoy.

06-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,433
Original Poster
Thanks Dave. I may actually have to do that someday.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, horn, photo, roosevelt, teddy
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Theodore Roosevelt's 5th State of the Union address Nesster General Talk 3 03-25-2011 06:24 PM
Architecture Roosevelt memorial SpecialK Post Your Photos! 5 10-17-2010 08:48 AM
green horn aacerda Welcomes and Introductions 2 08-10-2010 12:07 PM
Nature Big Horn Sheep Bob Harris Post Your Photos! 2 03-27-2010 08:15 AM
Landscape Teddy Roosevelt NP slowpez Photo Critique 12 01-17-2010 09:04 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top