Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Ferntabulous!
Lens: Pentax 35mm 2.4 Camera: K-x Photo Location: The woods of South Algonquin Ontario 
Posted By: tessfully, 06-04-2012, 04:54 PM

It has rained for 4 days but that has not stopped me from tucking my camera into my coat and heading into the woods.

In a word LUSH... the forest behind our house has never looked so lush... and vibrant....and smells sooooo good.

I love walking in the rain; waiting for that unexpected sunny moment that lasts 10 seconds and sweeps me off my feet. What really struck me today were the ferns... so beautiful in so many ways. I tried to find different ways to photograph them... here are a few of my experiments.

Last edited by tessfully; 06-04-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Views: 1,285
06-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely shots !!

Not surprisingly, we too often neglect to take a close look at the hidden treasures just next to us!

You did very well with your "experiments"!

Cheers.

JP
06-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I couldn't find you thread title in the dictionary, but I really think these are all fabulous, love the "greens" you captured. Now wipe your shoes and go back inside.
06-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent. The multi-sided pattern in #3 draws the eye right into the centre. I never cease to be amazed how so much can be packed into the unfolding fronds in the last. You dog seems to be enjoying the outing as well

06-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You are starting to excel in this form of photography, love the light and colour in these shots not to mention the ultra sharp focus.
06-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

interesting shots, #2 is a bit of a brain bender (now I've got a kink in my neck). Particularly like the third shot, as Bruce says it draws you in.

cheers.
06-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Very good Tess those fern patterns with the water and light are indeed Ferntabulous!

06-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

great series Tess. Really love the third one. It is hard not to stare at it. Very interesting look at a simple subject. JIM
06-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Experiments lead one to believe that there will be some failures mixed in among the successes. Well, these are not experiments. The third one is so intriguing and I love seeing the dog in the background of the last one. Well done series Tess.
06-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #10

These are delightful - they make my soul sing.
06-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you one and all! I am happy these went over well as I did like the outcomes. Susan, I did not post the failures ....it took a dozen shots at least to get the third one with a suitable depth of field. What a challenge that was (not to mention the toes of my rubber boots being in half the pictures!), so I am glad people liked it... the first was a fluke and my favourite of the bunch.

Thank you again for having a look and for the really supportive and kind comments!
06-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #12
Pentaxian

I've been feeling your pain with the rain but its finally brightening up.The green is very lush and vibrant.---charliezap
06-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
In a word LUSH... the forest behind our house has never looked so lush... and vibrant....and smells sooooo good.
Haa! That rings a bell for me!

Also living in the deep woods, I really connected with what you said about being LUSH! After a good rain this time of year we call it our "tropical rain forest" but without the tropical air. Everything is so green and well......lush!

You did a great job with conveying your thoughts and views of the lush forest into images - you've inspired me to take a shorter lens with me on a walk next time.
06-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Simply delightful, Tess - the first one, in particular, is truly an outstanding use of a camera. Congrats.

Jer
06-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats on these fine results, Tess. #1 is excellent.