Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Blue Ridge Parkway
Posted By: loco, 06-07-2012, 06:47 PM

I took a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway last Saturday. Surprisingly, I'd never been on this road, even though it begins only 90 minutes from my house. It is truly beautiful. Anyone who hasn't already seen it and is passing through the area really should take this scenic route. Best thing about it? It's free!

I want to share some of my photos with you. All but one of these were taken with the DA L 18-55. I was really pleasantly surprised by how well it performs. It's actually a very nice little landscape zoom. I hope you like these and many thanks for taking a look!

DA L 18-55

DA L 18-55

DA*55/1.4

DA L 18-55, 2.5" exposure

DA L 18-55

DA L 18-55

Views: 1,826
06-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
I have to 'fess up' that I have lived in VA (Manassas & Gainesville) since 1982, and I have never been to Monticello. I have been to Charlottesville a gazillion times, but not to Monticello. However, I can mark that off my "bucket list" in a couple of weeks as my camera club is scheduled to visit there (for a photo safari) at the end of June.
  • Went to UVa (check)
    • Monticello, Ash Lawn, Rotunda, Lawn, etc. (check)
  • Lived outside of Waynesboro (check)
  • Daughter worked in D.C. (check)
    • Shenandoah Valley (check)
  • Sent 2nd daughter to University of Richmond (check)
    • U. Maryland Grad. School (check)
Kept all the photographs I took in college and on these road trips . . . . . . (my bad)

06-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
  • Went to UVa (check)
    • Monticello, Ash Lawn, Rotunda, Lawn, etc. (check)
  • Lived outside of Waynesboro (check)
  • Daughter worked in D.C. (check)
    • Shenandoah Valley (check)
  • Sent 2nd daughter to University of Richmond (check)
    • U. Maryland Grad. School (check)
Kept all the photographs I took in college and on these road trips . . . . . . (my bad)
So, any thoughts on my shots?
06-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I said "wow" at each image as I scrolled through your series. The lens did a beautiful job with the colours, and you did an amazing job with the lighting and compositions. Thank you so much for sharing your scenic journey!
06-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
I said "wow" at each image as I scrolled through your series. The lens did a beautiful job with the colours, and you did an amazing job with the lighting and compositions. Thank you so much for sharing your scenic journey!
Thank so much, Tess! That's such a high compliment as I enjoy your photos and have experienced many "wow" moments when viewing them! So glad you like them and thanks so much for looking and commenting!