Post Processing in Picasa
Lens: Focal 135mm F2.8 Camera: K20D 
Posted By: Vasyl, 06-07-2012, 06:54 PM

Researching Picasa...

Views: 738
06-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use Picasa as a back up to my Paint Shop Pro and Picasa can do many many things in PP and you can't beat the cost--FREE.I know many people that have P&S cameras and when I turned them on to Picasa they loved it especially when they hit the "I'm feeling lucky button."----charliezap
06-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I often will use Picasa just to do crops and straightening, then do the rest of my editing in Gimp. I know it's a little extra destructive to do it this way, but when dealing with a lot of pics its helpful because it's so fast.. If I need batch resizing I'll sometimes use Picasa for that too...
06-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Usually I work either in PS or GIMP (which is free). I found very useful GMIC plug in which expands significantly the area of Post processing.

This photo is just an example and much much easier and simpler way to make your picture look more artistic. I hope that it looks more like an art...:-)
One more option which I like in Picasa is the Red Eye removal feature.
Vasyl

06-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nicely done, I agree with Charlie and follow the same path. It is a great convenient program to use and they have improved the program over the years.