Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
my new pentax fisheye!
Lens: DA 10-17 fisheye Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: New York 
Posted By: liukaitc, 06-08-2012, 05:02 PM

recently acquired fisheye
it can do a lot of things.
some snapshot below
for img 1,2,4, I used Fisheye-Hemi Plug-In for photoshop

Last edited by liukaitc; 06-02-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Views: 1,691
06-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice work. I particularly like the effective use of the fisheye distortion in the third shot.
Thanks for sharing.
06-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
wow your fisheye can see right through that girls dress! amazing! :-)

nice shots and congrats!
06-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
wow your fisheye can see right through that girls dress! amazing! :-)

nice shots and congrats
!
Where do I acquire one of these fisheye lenses from ?

06-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Just a hint, you put a woman's ass, in the middle of the frame, closest to the lens, it's going to look really big. And if the ass belongs to your woman, you're going to get in real trouble. Women towards the edge , the distortion makes them look tall and skinny. (Look at the woman in red at the right edge of your frame.)You might get lucky. A fisheye in in-experienced hands can cause a world of trouble.
06-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Just a hint, you put a woman's ass, in the middle of the frame, closest to the lens, it's going to look really big. And if the ass belongs to your woman, you're going to get in real trouble. Women towards the edge , the distortion makes them look tall and skinny. (Look at the woman in red at the right edge of your frame.)You might get lucky. A fisheye in in-experienced hands can cause a world of trouble.
Yes, actually the photo before plug-in do look like what you said.
but after the plug-in..it looks good.
it does not correct fisheye distortion but it makes people look good. interesting algorithm.
the last one is a better example

this is the original

this plug-in makes the fisheye a lot useful...I think...

Last edited by liukaitc; 06-02-2013 at 12:04 PM.
06-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

First, congratulations on your new lens, you are already doing very nicely with it! I look forward to more of your shots.

I need to add a little to Norm's post, for the young and inexperienced. For anyone that doesn't know better, never, ever, tell a woman her ass looks too big. Women are always asking "does this make my butt look too big?" It is most definitely a trick question and if you answer yes they will hold it against you forever...like an elephant's memory, they will never forget...or forgive. The answer is always NO! Even if they need a forklift to carry the damn thing around, the answer is still NO!

Regards!

06-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I was corrected on this point at the photo show by one of the Pentax reps. He essentially said, the 10-17 was designed to be a fun lens, they didn't pay a lot of attention to correcting distortion. He said, if i want a more serious lens I should be looking at the 15 ltd.

While I have taken some very serious pictures with the 10-17, this is where it excels.

Hope I didn't ruin your thread.
06-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
First, congratulations on your new lens, you are already doing very nicely with it! I look forward to more of your shots.

I need to add a little to Norm's post, for the young and inexperienced. For anyone that doesn't know better, never, ever, tell a woman her ass looks too big. Women are always asking "does this make my butt look too big?" It is most definitely a trick question and if you answer yes they will hold it against you forever...like an elephant's memory, they will never forget...or forgive. The answer is always NO! Even if they need a forklift to carry the damn thing around, the answer is still NO!

Regards!
ok.....but in reality big ass look good, right?? for men.....
06-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
ok.....but in reality big ass look good, right?? for men.....
It's Ok if you like it big, just never say it's big. That's the point. Trust me right after you say she has a big ass. blurting out that you like big asses isn't going to save you.
06-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's Ok if you like it big, just never say it's big. That's the point. Trust me right after you say she has a big ass. blurting out that you like big asses isn't going to save you.
okay....lol!!!
06-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Fun shots! The DA10-17 is the lens that drove me to Pentax. When I went from advanced P&S to dSLR, I asked myself, "What do I want to do that I can't do with what I have?" One of my answers was FISHEYE! And even though I don't use it every day, I still go nowhere without it. Sometimes it is absolutely necessary. There are some spaces without too many straight edges where nothing else will do. Much of the time, it's just fun. But I can't use it in my evergreen forest. All the trees, they're falling on me! That's almost as bad as over-emphasizing butts, eh?
06-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #13
Pentaxian

One of the pictures I offer for sale , of a lake 15 miles from us was taken with it. The lines of the lake somehow aligned with the distortion of the lens so that the picture appears to be distortion free... if you didn't know what the lake looked like. What are the odds?
06-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Amen!
06-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just a hint, you put a woman's ass, in the middle of the frame, closest to the lens, it's going to look really big.
That is the magic of his first shot, because there is nothing anyone could do to make that ass look big so might as well place it front and center and show off the xray vision of his new lens at the same time!