Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Just a little preview of what Im working on
Posted By: Tyler, 01-21-2008, 05:25 PM

I'm starting to try to some landscape type shots and incorporating strobes into the shots. I've always wanted to do it, but the post on Strobist today reminded me of it. I had some other shots that were proper looking but decided to include myself in this one. Expect more of this soon.

Good idea?

6s f4 ISO400 (forgot to change to iso200)
Views: 1,443
01-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
nobody has anything to say?
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

It's an interesting effect.

A darker background usually helps with this type of shot, but you probably knew that already.

This section is just a little slow today, probably due to the expected announcements.
01-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I like it. Wierd pose by you ore theperson hiting the strob.

01-22-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Its me holding the strobe. I was leaning over and looking back so I could see when the red light of the timer would beep fast and then stop letting me know to count to about 5 1/2 seconds and then fire the strobe (Pentax AF360 on full power)right before the exposure ended. The other shots didnt have me in the frame, but they were all soft or OOF because I didn't bring a flashlight to focus and it was pitch black pretty much. I only got this one right because I backed up enough to use infinity focus.