Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Trying out water resistance on K5 at Niagara
Lens: DA 50-200mm Camera: K5 Photo Location: Niagara, Canada ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Viperwife, 06-11-2012, 07:22 AM

So I did the boat thing where they take you to where the water hits the river and you get soaked and had my K5 with me taking pics the whole time it did great no water issues having to clean the filter off constantly was a little annoying but it was a fun experience with my camera. I went to a camera store later that week and told the owner about the trip and he was horrified i did that to my camera ha ha.

The first one was taken from above on the American side

The second one is just in the mist and wet

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,065
06-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Going there Carrie is on my list of things to do.Thanks for sharing.--charliezap
06-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I love the shot taken from the deck of the maid.

I don't know if you were on the Canadian side, but my wife and I were there a few weeks ago. If you'd like a few images to round out a photo journal feel free to borrow.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/187511-people-niagara-gorge-maid-mist.html
06-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #4

Original Poster
How do you know my name? ha ha I wish I had brought my camera and tripod out after the sun went down to get some fun night shots when they shine the different colored lights on the falls oh well.

06-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #5

Original Poster
Norm, we stayed one night on the Canadian side but the next day drove to the American side and took pictures. I enjoyed your photos was there one that was a panoramic composite or was that with a fish eye lens?
06-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Pentaxian

That's the famous 10-17, it's not a very highly regarded lens, but I'm finding out myself and RioRico, and who knows how many of others, it was very important part of our Pentax gear. I bought it days after finding out about it and never go anywhere important without it.
06-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
How do you know my name? ha ha I wish I had brought my camera and tripod out after the sun went down to get some fun night shots when they shine the different colored lights on the falls oh well.
Every Friday and Sunday night there are fire works over the falls, if I was going back again I'd plan my trip to be sure I was there one of those nights. Of course now my step son lives there an we're there all the time, but... if I were planning a trip and wanted some great pictures.

Heres a few night shots for you, from a trip in 2007.