Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Werribee Gorge
Camera: K-7 
Posted By: Bruce Clark, 06-12-2012, 01:40 AM

Werribee Gorge is near Bacchus March, Victoria and about 20 minutes from home. I used to go there quite often but this is the first time I have been back since acquiring the K-7. As it's name suggests, the gorge was cut by the Werribee River and passes through a complicated geology comprised of lava flows, sedimentary sandstone and glacial deposits. My recent picture of the refected weed and rock in pool were from my recent hike there. Here are a few more and I will post more in the next day or two. I have discovered that the 18-55 DAL WR is not wide enough nor sharp enough at the 18 mm end to do justice to this area. I am now in the market for an Ultra Wide Angle.

A magnificent Red Stringy Bark near the lower car park and picnic area.

A view of the Gorge looking downstream

No, it is not upside down. This is a reflection of a rock ledge and tree trunk in a still pool. You can see some ripples on the tree trunk from a waterbird in the reeds. . The foliage at the bottom is the right way up and not part of the reflection.

Views: 896
06-12-2012, 03:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Use to go their some times as a teenager (too far to walk or ride to), my perfered hang out the lerderberg gourge.
06-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdparker Quote
Use to go their some times as a teenager (too far to walk or ride to), my perfered hang out the lerderberg gourge.
I like Lerderderg too near Darley, O'Briens Crossing and Blackwood. I must go again soon. Today I went to Anakie Gorge which is towards Geelong as you probably know. It used to be a great spot for Koalas but today the park was closed because of flood damage and no Koalas to be seen.
06-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very cool area love the tree root shot well spotted.

06-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I like the second shot. Looks like a good place to just hang out. Can't wait to see more.
06-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

thanks for the view Bruce, great reflection, but it messes with my mind a bit. I too have been to lerderberg gorge and weribee gorge I think as a teenager, ( I must have been a teenager once ). Don't know why I haven't been back with a camera, they're on my list now.