Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Greatest Apple Stem shot ever?
Posted By: Igilligan, 01-21-2008, 08:08 PM

Oh man, I am bored/boring.

While the other half of the globe basks in warm summer sun. I sit here under a pall grey sky, all the life of summer and color of fall drained from my world.

Thanks to dermc and his macro thread... I pulled out the DA 50-200, put my M3358 on it and shot what may be the best Apple Stem shot I have seen in some time. Definately none better this week IMHO...
This has inspired me to begin shooting the winter macro series....
You all are so lucky. Tight close-ups of calculator keys and watch faces are sure to be on the immediate horizon. Oh and coins... Lots of coins

Say what you want... there has not been a better apple stem photo this week! Rule of thirds be damned. The subject isolation alone could be award winning.

Pretty sharp for the often maligned DA 50-200 with an inexpensive macro adaptor.

Now I fully expect to be ignored with this post, and for good reason... and maybe even shunned for a week or two for wasting your valuable time and bandwidth with this sillyness.
But the winter blues can make a man do crazy things.

With tongue firmly planted in cheek
-gus-
Views: 3,980
01-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey I like it!

Pat
01-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I sit here under a pall grey sky, all the life of summer and color of fall drained from my world.
Northern California...Dreary? Try Washington. So, is that one of our best in the Macro (perhaps a MacroIintosh?)
01-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
Igilligan

Pat - you are much to kind... but secretly, I think it is growing on me too...

Ror - I did 7th, 8th, and 9th grade in the Lakeview area near Tacoma... So I feel your pain/rain... but the 10 weeks of summer were pure 'boy' heaven.
And thanks for the Macrointosh we love down here in cali...

01-22-2008, 03:49 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I quite like it - nice texture and tack sharp
01-22-2008, 05:12 AM   #6
Inactive Account

I agree, very nice. I like the background color you chose. It's a great idea to practice some macro photography during the winter - I'll have to try that :-)
01-22-2008, 05:37 AM   #7
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is, it is!! The best ever. That's it! I'm selling all my remaining gear and eagerly awaiting your next round of bordom.

Actually it's a good shot and very sharp.

01-22-2008, 06:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

It's not quite as powerful as this famous apple stem image:

01-22-2008, 07:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member

You win the Apple Stem award no question. I want to see this framed and on your wall, I want you to print wallet sized and pass them out to people indicating it was voted (well maybe declared would be a better word) Best Apple Stem winner!

A lot of us feel your pain - it's funny you mention coins . keyboards and watches because last week that we me - throw in a TV remote and small figurines and we would had the same week.

It is a nice shot. Bring on the next series!
01-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #10
Igilligan

What a fool I am... I am so sorry

QuoteOriginally posted by d.bradley Quote
It's not quite as powerful as this famous apple stem image:

I am ashamed to have even joked that mine was the greatest apple stem shot ever... This Historic shot is with out a doubt the most meaningful apple stem shot in photographic history. It may not be technically perfect, but this is a defining moment in Apple history and speaks to us on a human level in a way that my 2nd greatest apple stem shot will never be able too.

Thank you D. Bradley for reminding me, that now matter how great my photo is.... there will always be one apple stem shot that can bring a tear to the eye of a nation.

-gus-