Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Mt. Tom Easthampton Winter
Posted By: vievetrick, 01-21-2008, 08:17 PM

Looking for your thoughts on this. I tried somethin different and want to hear what you think.

Views: 1,394
01-21-2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

needs more cloud

very nice composition, but it seems the borders are slightly OOF, what lens are you using?
01-22-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I know all are interested in the upcoming Pentax news so I will just give my explination and info and for anyone that finds this and is interested . I actually tried this in HDR using PSPX2. I took 12 shots (really because I was not sure how many I needed) starting at shutter speed 125 and went all the way down to 3 seconds or something in that range (sorry at work and can’t look at the originals) but anyway I then loaded into PSPX2 HDR feature and it did all the work. I did bump up the contrast and sharpened a bit. I am very happy with the shot myself. Funny thing about the towers. They are a combination of radio and cell towers and unfortunately have been there forever. Of course the locals recognize the area right away. I will try again and clone them out and see what it could be as opposed to what we have to look at everyday.

I actually took this same shot back in the fall check Mt. Tom (MA.) with some color and a few others. - Reader Gallery - PopPhoto (did not try the HDR for this one) funny I got the same comments about getting rid of the towers I had free time yesterday and went up for the shots around the same time (well around the same time by the sun not the clock) I wanted to get a shot with more snow covering the trees but will need to wait for another snow storm. I am hoping to combine them all in a framed shot to possibly sell in the local shops. All I need is the summer version.

I have lived in the area for 12 years and the mountain is always shot from town where we have a pond and it reflects nicely. I have a shot but not loaded anywhere but you can see what I mean by looking here Official City Government Website - Easthampton, Massachusetts MA Mass (watch the front page it will change and you will see what I mean) But I would drive by this area that is right off the road and thought I never see any pictures from that angle or area. So in the fall I went up and now the winter and again will be there again in the summer. I tried to get the same angle and area. Actually in the fall I tried to keep a good eye on where I shot on a few big rocks to get the shot. Of course now there is over a foot of snow and I could not find the rocks ;(

I used the Pentax K10 with the DA 16-45 with a CP filter.

Thanks again. Hope I didn’t bore you all with my babbling 
01-22-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It does look good like the composition and I like the HDR processing. I don't notice the OOF on the boarders , however my eyes are not as sharp as they use to be ! I agree on the towers. I like the way the river / creek comes to a V.

One more for your Pats eh ? At xmas in a questionable state of mind I made a bet with 2-1 odds against the Pats and the superbowl. While I like the Pats (use to visit Mass every Easter when I was kid , so the Pats , Sox bring back good memories) anyway as I had EVERY OTHER team how could I say no Thank gawd the bet was a small one , I think it will be close as it seems the Pats only ever play as hard as they need to win. And the last time these two teams hooked up it was a close game up to midway in the 4th.

Rambling off now. I am ok either way

01-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Dave. I agree this could be a good game or the Pat's could roll on to the Perfect Season easily. They do seem to get in gear when things get tough and they need a play to turn things around. I just hope they win becuase on paper it looks good in any sport to go undefeated or win X number of games in a row. But when all is said and done if you don't win the big prize it is all for nothing. Just ask the Rockies, 21 out of 22 to be swept in the World Series (sorry Rockies fans, well not really ) That will leave a mark

Anyway, thanks for the comments. Now I am rambling again