Posted By: alamo5000, 06-15-2012, 07:57 AM

K-5
f 4.5
lens 55-300 DA L
ISO 200
1/1600
Manual mode

I am new by the way.

Last edited by alamo5000; 06-15-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Views: 756
06-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. I like the one posted here very crisp and colorful. Personally I might crop the upper left down a bit to off center the flower, but it's all subjective. if you really want critique on your shots there is a critique forum here.. You may not get a lot of action asking people to browse your flickr site

Last edited by daacon; 06-15-2012 at 08:22 AM.
06-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Agree with daacon.

I would recommend you to use a circular polarizer filter...it will help with white spots elimination on the sun flower leaves...
06-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vasyl Quote
Agree with daacon.

I would recommend you to use a circular polarizer filter...it will help with white spots elimination on the sun flower leaves...

OK. Thanks for the tips. I have some other pictures that I can put up no problem.

If they want to move it to the critique forum that's fine w/me

My mistake.

Now----

What white spots??? This is stuff I am unfamiliar with.

06-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Personally I like this one.
06-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The background out of focus areas are so messy in your posted image it doesn't inspire me to look at the others on Flickr, and the image is too small, Posting images one at a time in the critique section posted at a width of 1024 is a really good idea. Personally I hate going through a stack of images. It reminds me too much of work. I really admire the guys in the critique forum who take this on. It's easy to say you like or don't like an image, it's work figuring out why. Pick what you think are your best images, and post them over there. If you're lucky, someone who knows what they are talking about will give you some tips. But be judicious. Posting too much will in the end lead to un-answered posts. Ask for opinions only on images that really matter to you. ANd thank the guys who take the time to respond. Not everyone knows what they are talking about. But they all like to think they do. Humour them.
06-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The background out of focus areas are so messy in your posted image it doesn't inspire me to look at the others on Flickr, and the image is too small, Posting images one at a time in the critique section posted at a width of 1024 is a really good idea. Personally I hate going through a stack of images. It reminds me too much of work. I really admire the guys in the critique forum who take this on. It's easy to say you like or don't like an image, it's work figuring out why. Pick what you think are your best images, and post them over there. If you're lucky, someone who knows what they are talking about will give you some tips. But be judicious. Posting too much will in the end lead to un-answered posts. Ask for opinions only on images that really matter to you. ANd thank the guys who take the time to respond. Not everyone knows what they are talking about. But they all like to think they do. Humour them.
How can I move the thread to the other forum now? Mod? Mod? Bueller? Bueller?

I resized the image to make it small because that is what I thought I was supos'ed to do

I am figuring out really quickly that it IS work LOL!!!

The two images in question are posted above. Those are 'my personal favorites' but then again I have only been taking pictures for about 3 weeks.

06-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Please note I have the full size versions if I need em. The photos above are as is. No touching up whatsoever.

All I did was resize the image (because that's what I thought I was suppos'd to do) LOL!
06-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Here it is...that was just quick and dirty exercise to show the differences and attempt to eliminate the white spots...you will figure out the differences..:-)

06-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So "white spots" basically equals 'glare' more or less??? I see.

I was taking pictures in broad daylight...like 3 or 4 in the afternoon with no filter at all. If I had taken them in softer light (maybe 6pm) then it would help with this...

AHA! **wheels turning**

By the way Vasyl... what did you do? Mind sharing so that I can learn a little sumthin?
06-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Please read one more time what normhead advised you...Good luck!
06-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
Veteran Member

You don't need a mod to move your pics , leave this here and just post another (or the same one) in that forum (link was given) as for posting you shots from flickr in a large size there is a stick here that will walk you through the process.

I am with Norm, kudo`s to those that offer opinions in the critique threads. Honest and very helpful. Don`t go there to get all the warm and fuzzy `nice shot` you generally receive here in the Post Your Photo`s - be prepared for some constructive (sometimes harsh) criticism that will in the end make you a better photographer. Also remember all of this is subjective , so if you like something and someone else does not , then stick with what you like