Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

PP Help needed
Posted By: disco_owner, 06-15-2012, 09:20 PM

Hi Guys , when it comes to post processing I am completely lost . I don't have any software on my Komputer,
I have been using the Photobucket built-in photo-editing tool to tweak my photos. is there any PP that you can suggest that would enhance this image/s ?
or could I have taken this shot differently to capture the light .

Taken with Hoya NDx400 + Cokin P-series GND soft . I'm still learning . any input that you contribute is a learning curve for me.

Last edited by disco_owner; 06-16-2012 at 02:25 AM.
Views: 1,637
06-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Very nice composition! Did you use an ND filter here?
Yup. Hoya NDx400 & NDx8 stacked . Held My Finger on Shutter for Over 4 Minutes. walked into the water waste High and my I.R remote was in my Pocket. Gooone Kaput !!. got water in it.

F/8 ISO 80 253 secs

06-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Khosrow

...LR4 is only $105.00 here "student edition" however I wouldn't know what to do with it.

The thing is you have to make a start. I know it all sounds very much like an impossible task but you'll find once you get into it its not half as bad as you imagined. And the lingo ? You will pick up quickly, I am sure. Also, a lot of software vendors these days provide tutorial clips.

What did I do in OLONEO ? Answer, not much. OLONEO has Tone mapping sliders. Any functions in this software is real time. It means any corrections that are made are immediately observable in the image, so you don't have to wait for a re-draw. I really like that, because when you use sliders you can go back and forth with immediate results in the image and so settle quickly with the best setting to your eye.

Your image was only corrected by adjusting (on the plus side) "Tone Mapping strength and Tone Mapping detail" and a little increase in lightness.

As others said, start off with some free or cheap PP Software and try to find your feet, so to say. It will be either all you ever need or if not you can graduate from there into some more advanced applications. But by then at least you know how far you want to go and what you want from PP software. Beware ! It can become addictive, similar to "ALBS" ! (Acquired Lens Buying Syndrome)

Good luck
It's Too Late for that..

I Like the sound of the Program OLONEO How hard Would it be for a novice such as Myself to start using this PP software package?

I am quite keen to learn it
06-18-2012, 04:38 AM   #18
Veteran Member

free to use pp software with layers, serif photoplus starter edition. pretty decent
06-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by romansolar Quote
free to use pp software with layers, serif photoplus starter edition. pretty decent

Thanks for this. I'll Look it up . I've now downloaded 3-4 different PP software packages since I started this thread, which I'm trialling the one that has really caught my eyes is OLONEO.

I've got a 30 day trial. It is AWESOME. I will Probably end up Buying it in the end.

06-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by disco_owner Quote
Thanks for this. I'll Look it up . I've now downloaded 3-4 different PP software packages since I started this thread, which I'm trialling the one that has really caught my eyes is OLONEO.

I've got a 30 day trial. It is AWESOME. I will Probably end up Buying it in the end.
no problem. One thing, watch for overexposed upper part. Lower part is great, lots of detail, but you are missing data within upper part.
06-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by romansolar Quote
no problem. One thing, watch for overexposed upper part. Lower part is great, lots of detail, but you are missing data within upper part.
which Image Roman? the very first 2 shots ? I know I have overexposed the top part and that's kinda lost all the detail.