Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread

You Guys Weak?
Posted By: Rupert, 06-16-2012, 09:37 AM

Posting is slow this morning....maybe you guys need a little energy? Help yourself! This is the type of meal I have every day on my diet plan...where I have already lost 20 lbs!

Eat all you want, leave a small tip if you liked it!

Grilled Chicken/Avocado Salad with a Fruit Salad dessert.
[IMG] [/IMG]

I eat very healthy for six days every week.....then on the seventh day I get one meal of anything I want. Works for me!

This week I wanted a Chicken Fried Steak......love them!
[IMG] [/IMG]

I love food shots, if you want to post some, you are welcome to post them here.....if there is a better p[lace to post an ongoing food thread, maybe some roving Mod will let us know? I'd love to see a thread where we could view different meals from all over the world! Otis is in favor too....says he would enjoy it almost as much as the naked ladies.......almost!

Best Regards!
Views: 4,230
06-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #31
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
You guys either aren't eating much...if any...or you don't want us to see what you eat?....and where is that BBQ Lamb we were promised?

Grilled-smoked sirloin patty/fresh asparagus/creamed potatoes-with brown gravy/ steamed zucchini....and the usual nightly fruit salad with apricots and peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, cashews sprinkled around and that low fat Cool Whip topping...and a cherry! Washed down with V8 spicy & red wine. Not a half bad dinner!
Forgot....avocado...don't ever want to forget the avocado!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Let's see yours?

Regards!

06-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Well, having been here in Maine for a little more than 2weeks now, I found myself needing a fix of Mexican Food. You know, enchiladas, Spanish rice, re-fried beans. I found an ON the Border, even remembered to take my point and shoot with intentions of posting a pic here. But as luck would have it, I completely forgot to take the picture......realized it as I was paying the bill. So you'll just have to imagine my chicken enchiladas covered in a sour creme sauce, topped with a slice or two of jalepeno.

It hit the spot for this Texan far from home.....
06-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote
Well, having been here in Maine for a little more than 2weeks now, I found myself needing a fix of Mexican Food. You know, enchiladas, Spanish rice, re-fried beans. I found an ON the Border, even remembered to take my point and shoot with intentions of posting a pic here. But as luck would have it, I completely forgot to take the picture......realized it as I was paying the bill. So you'll just have to imagine my chicken enchiladas covered in a sour creme sauce, topped with a slice or two of jalepeno.

It hit the spot for this Texan far from home.....
Hard to beat good Mexican food! It is one of my favorites, but it's not on my current diet. I could eat it for my one meal a week of anything I want, but I keep being drawn to those Chicken Fried Steaks!

Tonight it was leftovers...with some added fresh yellow squash and wild rice and broccoli instead of potatoes.....with the usual fruit plate and avocado.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
06-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert, we are off the road for awhile and part of the family was able to join us at Red Lobster, not a closeup of the food, but there was plenty of it and we had great service too.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio A40  Photo 
06-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #35

mea culpa
Attached Images

06-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #36

and some appetizers for being late
Attached Images

06-22-2012, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You sure know how to eat Patajac, some of my favorites.

06-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Patajac.....Now we're cookin' !! Love those appetizers, mind if I sample a few?

Bob .....That's the best kind of meal of all, with family and/or friends. No matter what you serve, it is always better with company. That you with the shades? Your lovely wife to your right? Nice shot, the kind I love! Otis offers to bring in his Army to eat with me and Mrs Rupert so we won't eat alone....so far Mrs Rupert has declined the offer.......

You guys can add more even if you have already posted...unless some roving Mod stops us from posting photos...in a Photo Forum! I think everyone enjoys seeing what kind of food we eat around the world...I sure do!

In a few days, I plan on a Texas Treat for you guys, so don't get too stuffed, save some room for some real Texas BBQ!

Best Regards!
06-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #39
Pentaxian

How about some dessert?

All this food makes me crave something sweet...so here's our solution: S'MORES!

3 shots....1st-the smore, 2nd-making the smore, and finally the view while eating said smore.
Attached Images

06-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the best thing about smores is watching the kids making them, great family pics and a great location too.
06-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Okay Rupert - not over cooked...

Every once-in-awhile I needs some real "red meat". I've learned to control my intake of animal protein to once a month. Friday nights splurge consisted of our own range feed Porter House steak (broiled) with local mushrooms fried in olive oil and garlic, cucumber and red onion salad with ginger and rice vinegar dressing, Alaska Golden potato and wee dram of Talisker. IMO, it just don't get no better! :roll eyes: Desert? Another wee dram!

Last edited by WillH; 11-17-2012 at 01:55 PM.
06-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Now that is a serious avocado fan that knows something about avocado dip, no kidding! Not a day passes that we don't have an avocado with our evening meal at home. I love a good dip, but Mrs Rupert is not much on spicy food so I try to keep it mild. Myself....the spicier the better! I usually sprinkle mine with a good dose of finely ground red pepper and a squirt of Tabasco.
Regards!
Avocados - I hate avocados. We had 3 trees of them in the back yard and I must have buried 100,000 of them as I was growing up - the ones that fell off the tree. I hate avocados! I have a friend in Santa Barbara that has 40 acres of them and he hates eating them too - as he says - I don't eat the profits....

06-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Avocados - I hate avocados. We had 3 trees of them in the back yard and I must have buried 100,000 of them as I was growing up - the ones that fell off the tree. I hate avocados! I have a friend in Santa Barbara that has 40 acres of them and he hates eating them too - as he says - I don't eat the profits....

Wha? It is the undisputed king of fruits. That is more sad than my wife hating pie.
06-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote

Whoa! Stuff an avocado with fresh crab meat and topped with some catsup,mayonise (with a dash of horse radish) dressing. Add a slice of Sour dough bread with an Anchor Steam beer - wonderful....
06-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #45
Closed Account

Yummy Munchies!

My babies eat better than I do so here it is:
Birdy Bean Cuisine with Sweet Red and Yellow Peppers, Green Leaf Lettuce, Celery, Carrots, and a bit more TLC!
Attached Images