Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
The cure
Lens: DA 35LTD Camera: K5 Photo Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta 
Posted By: daacon, 06-21-2012, 06:08 AM

Are you depressed ? Down in the dumps ? Can't afford brand name Prozac ? Well my suggestion to you is take $20.00 and invest in some bubble therapy ! This is a time wasting , mindless activity that just lifts the spirits. I think this should be a mandatory activity for anyone who looks at things with a 'glass half empty' mentality,or feeling a bit down. Like someone once said 'it does not matter if you are a glass half empty or a glass half full person the bottom line is either way there is room for more wine"

Enjoy

Look at the concentration ! I am sure this will be an Olympic event in 2016

I have socks and sandals on and am still happy

It's fun for the whole family - even the label on the wand suggests ages 6-94

Now tell me you were not at least smiling a little bit over these next few

Conditions were optimal for bubble creation , no breeze a rare occurrence here , could have been the biggest bubble of the evening

Views: 1,624
06-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
something wonderful about reliving such a joyous youth activity.... reminds me of the old twilight zone episode, 'kick the can',
well done dave... needed this reminder... dave m
06-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

That looks like a great time for all! Love #5 especially, really shows the fun being had...

Jim
06-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
Den
Veteran Member

See, you can become a kid again! I have a stunt for you to try. Drop the wand over your body so you are in the bubble. You can even shoot an image from inside of it. (This will require some help from your assistant)

Have your neighbors called the men in white coats yet? Hahahahahahahaha!

06-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Irrational exuberance, and I love it!! Wonderful shots, Dave, of folks just having fun.

Jer
06-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Pentaxian

All I can say Dave is that you are taking this bubble fascination to a new level.I'm packing to go to the Cape and I will make room for me little bubble gun.--charliezap
06-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
This is a time wasting , mindless activity that just lifts the spirits.
Sounds like my photography!!!

Really fun pics. You look like a magician with these huge bubbles. #5 in particular is a wonderful, wonderful shot... but they are all good.

06-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What finesse and versatility on everyone's part in this thread. The family that "bubbles" together stays together. Thanks for a thread that made us smile and laugh
06-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
something wonderful about reliving such a joyous youth activity.... reminds me of the old twilight zone episode, 'kick the can',
well done dave... needed this reminder... dave m
Thanks Dave hope all is well . I remember that episode with Scatman Scruthers as the guy who made them all young again

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
That looks like a great time for all! Love #5 especially, really shows the fun being had...
Jim
Thanks Jim - my Daughter just recently joined the corporate world and still lives @ home (for a few more weeks). The commute is pretty long so she appreciated the levity mom and I were had in the backyard and joined right in

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
See, you can become a kid again! I have a stunt for you to try. Drop the wand over your body so you are in the bubble. You can even shoot an image from inside of it. (This will require some help from your assistant)
Have your neighbors called the men in white coats yet? Hahahahahahahaha!
Thanks Den awesome idea I will give that a go !

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Irrational exuberance, and I love it!! Wonderful shots, Dave, of folks just having fun.
Jer
Thanks Jer I am going to use that 'irrational exuberance' love it !
06-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
All I can say Dave is that you are taking this bubble fascination to a new level.I'm packing to go to the Cape and I will make room for me little bubble gun.--charliezap
haha you started it , we just took it up a notch Looking forward to Cape Bubbles shots.

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Sounds like my photography!!!
Really fun pics. You look like a magician with these huge bubbles. #5 in particular is a wonderful, wonderful shot... but they are all good.
Thanks luftfluss it's my kind as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
What finesse and versatility on everyone's part in this thread. The family that "bubbles" together stays together. Thanks for a thread that made us smile and laugh
Thanks Bob we are pretty close - but will be empty nesters in a matter of weeks .... but the kids live close by so it's a small adjustment (unlike me when I left home it was 3000 miles away).
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I love to see people having fun! That looks like great fun! Everyone needs to have some fun...but too few actually do it.
I feed Squirrels.....and babysit Squirrels...and counsel Squirrels...and am counseled by Squirrels....great fun too! This evening we had "defend against hawk" drills....and a real live hawk showed up. Watching brave "Army Squirrels" scurry for cover was hilarious!

Best Regards!
06-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #12

Very fun pics. Good idea for relaxing.
06-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #13
Veteran Member

These made my day Dave. What a load of fun. I found myself thinking of heading out to WallyWorld in search of a bubble machine. SOMEBODY SAVE ME!
06-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I love to see people having fun! That looks like great fun! Everyone needs to have some fun...but too few actually do it.
I feed Squirrels.....and babysit Squirrels...and counsel Squirrels...and am counseled by Squirrels....great fun too! This evening we had "defend against hawk" drills....and a real live hawk showed up. Watching brave "Army Squirrels" scurry for cover was hilarious!
Best Regards!
Thanks Rupert I agree you just gotta let go once in awhile and hawk drills sound like just the ticket

QuoteOriginally posted by Symbio Quote
Very fun pics. Good idea for relaxing.
Thanks Symbio it was indeed.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
These made my day Dave. What a load of fun. I found myself thinking of heading out to WallyWorld in search of a bubble machine. SOMEBODY SAVE ME!
haha Do it Susan !
06-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A super fun series. #5 is especially so.