Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Poppy blossom and Mt St Michel
Lens: Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f1.4 Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Baie du Mt St Michel, France ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: hcc, 06-24-2012, 12:25 AM

Looking at Baie du Mont Saint Michel (France) at low tide with the Mont Saint Michel in the background and a field of blossing poppy in the foregound.

Minimum PP with PDCU 4.35.

Comments and suggestions as always welcome.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Last edited by hcc; 06-24-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Forgot to add attachment.
Views: 895
06-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi,
Very original framed and even better timing chosen. Open said: "Going to my liver," all these photo pilgrims, had long since spent the "night success"!
greeting
06-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I can readily see what you were trying to show a viewer - it is a spectacular scene. It is not clear, though, just what it is you want the viewer to note - if it is the poppies, all of them are out of your DOF; if it is St. Michel, St. Michel is shrouded in a mist, which you may not be able to help. This photo would have been more successful, I think, if you had used a much slower shutter speed (even down to 1/60) and a correspondingly higher f:/ stop, say, f:/11 or f:/16. I also think that the haze could be reduced significantly in Post Processing, unless, of course, you like the structure to be mysteriously shrouded. Is this helpful? On the other hand, I may have missed your point altogether and you should just ignore the foregoing.
06-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lovely colors but I so wish the poppies were in focus. I think that would have made it absolutely stunning.

06-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would agree with the above comments. Additionally I may crop a bit off the top as the sky really does not offer much to the shot. It's a beautiful scene
06-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
hcc
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you for the comments. I was focusing on the Mt St Mchel and I saw this lovely field while driving. A quick stop, no time for a tripod, and hop a shot.