Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Put..the..camera..down..
Posted By: Eaglerapids, 01-23-2008, 08:13 PM

and FEED ME!

taken with my "new" SMC 55/1.8 @iso 1600, 1/20 sec., f 1.8.

A lot of reviews I've read concerning this lens speak of it being soft at 1.8 but this looks pretty good to me. Supposedly this lens has the same optical formula as the Super Takumar 55/1.8 so I was happy to get it in the K version. I'm falling in love with the older lenses. When I want to be sure of a picture the FA 50/1.4 gets the call but I sure enjoy the build quality and feel of the Takumars and K's and M's. For all round experience the K's are becoming the ones for me. They have the coatings, heft and feel that I enjoy shooting with.
Views: 1,818
01-23-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The eyes say it all. I have seen those eyes many times. Feed Me , Love Me, Pet Me, Pay Attention to Me, I didn't do it ! I don't notice any softness there - a nice shot.
01-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Cute little guy..

He is sure is a cute little guy EagleRapids!!

I agree with Dave.. his eyes do say it all.. "PPPPLLLEEEAAASSEEE pet me!!! "

Thanks for sharin. Kim
01-24-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the streak of light across his face.

01-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Dog fashion. A new hot thing. Very creative!
01-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #6
Veteran Member

It's only really a problem when your kids have to say "Put the camera down and feed me".

I have the 55/1.8 in M42 and despite the fact it was once-upon-a-time a kit lens think it a very fine lens. I often wondered at the odd 55mm focal length until I got my early 1960s Pentax SV with a 55/1.8 attached and put the camera up to my eye. It was like looking through a hole in the camera. No magnification or reduction of the view whatsoever that I can tell. It's interesting to hold the camera vertical and look through the viewfinder with my right eye while keeping the left open as well. The images coincide so exactly that you really have to wonder if the right eye is looking through the camera at all.
01-25-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies:-). It was dinner time and he wasn't about to let me forget, lol.
I remember one time I had bought him this dried bone thingy at the grocery store. He was all over it. Well, a while later he was asking to go outside, I thought. On the way out the back door, he stops at his water bowl and just stares at it. I looked and it was dry as the bone I'd given him. The bone must have been salty as hell and he'd drank the whole bowl.....and needed more! Who says dogs can't talk?

Mike, I just put the 55/1.8 on my Super Program and whoa, that is so cool, you're right, you can't tell you're looking through the camera:-).