Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Woodland Flowers
Lens: Tamron 90 2.8 Camera: k-5 and k-x Photo Location: The woods of South Algonquin, Ontario 
Posted By: tessfully, 06-28-2012, 11:43 AM

I see the summer woodland plants are starting to bloom. Here are a few shots from this week.

this plant is teeny tiny and oh so delicate

My grandmother's favourite flower, what she called the Brown Eyed Susan

this one is also incredibly small... I wanted to have its habitat in the frame, but I should do a macro as the colours and lines are so wild

Ugly plant, gorgeous flowers

Sun Drops grow everywhere up here... it looks like the sun is shining up out of the earth

Views: 1,053
06-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
These are GORGEOUS!
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you Stefan!!
06-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

wonderful series tess, can't find a favorite here, all very good!.... perhaps the last two.

cheers

06-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what beautiful flowers that grow in the wild, no wonder you take so many hikes around the area. In the desert we have brown weeds, just kidding. TFS, Bob
06-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lovely series. Have you considered doing a photo study of the little plant in #5? It's really quite striking.
06-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Lovely shots, gorgeous blooms! My favorite was the white ones that looked like the fabric in those "old time" ladies long dresses.
Some very nice shooting again...as usual!
Regards!

06-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
wonderful series tess, can't find a favorite here, all very good!.... perhaps the last two.

cheers
Thank you CeeCee, I'm always so happy when you have a look and comment!

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
what beautiful flowers that grow in the wild, no wonder you take so many hikes around the area. In the desert we have brown weeds, just kidding. TFS, Bob
Bob, the beauty of the desert through your eyes is glorious. I always look forward to your newest discovery. Thanks for having a look at my images!

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Lovely series. Have you considered doing a photo study of the little plant in #5? It's really quite striking.
Thanks luftfluss! By a photo study, do you mean various perspectives and macros? I need to look this one up. It was buried in the forest floor, smaller than clover leaves, and a spot of sun was hitting it... I have not seen many. Will look for them when I head out today.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Lovely shots, gorgeous blooms! My favorite was the white ones that looked like the fabric in those "old time" ladies long dresses.
Some very nice shooting again...as usual!
Regards!
Thank you Rupert! I know the fabric you mean... it is crumply and sheer...I always enjoy your comments!
06-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think the fifth one is Spring Beauty Tess (at least that is one of local names for it - sorry I don't know the botanical name). This is a wonderfully colorful set of flowers. Especially love the second one. Our Black-eyed Susans are blooming at our current spot (the Blue Ridge). The Hawkweed is one of my favorites but I really love the second one and have no idea what it is; do you happen to know?
06-29-2012, 06:42 AM   #10

Photos: Gallery
lovely photos Tess.
06-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Thanks luftfluss! By a photo study, do you mean various perspectives and macros? I need to look this one up. It was buried in the forest floor, smaller than clover leaves, and a spot of sun was hitting it... I have not seen many. Will look for them when I head out today.
Yup, that's exactly what I'm thinking.
06-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I think the fifth one is Spring Beauty Tess (at least that is one of local names for it - sorry I don't know the botanical name). This is a wonderfully colorful set of flowers. Especially love the second one. Our Black-eyed Susans are blooming at our current spot (the Blue Ridge). The Hawkweed is one of my favorites but I really love the second one and have no idea what it is; do you happen to know?
Thans for identifying that flower Susan. I could not find any today on my walk. The second flower is related to the Hawkweed... In my book the Hawkweed is called Devil's Paintbrush and its yellow cousin is a King-devil! Nice names eh! Thank you for having a look and for the nice comments!

QuoteOriginally posted by Symbio Quote
lovely photos Tess.
Thank you so much for stopping by Symbio!!

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Yup, that's exactly what I'm thinking.
Hey luftfluss, I was disappointed not to find one of these flowers today. I'll look again tomorrow...