Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

The vacation that almost wasn't
Posted By: charliezap, 06-28-2012, 02:08 PM

I'm sorry that I haven't been on the site lately.I left Saugus Ma last Friday for a weeks stay down on Cape Cod after feeling at death's door for 2 days prior.After settling in on Friday I went to Cape Cod Hospital ER room with a fever,swollen lymph nodes,an enlarged left ear and tenderness to the outside of my head like I had been beat up.--otherwise I felt great.Here are some shots that i finally got together after feeling better starting on Sunday.The trees in Rock Harbor Orleans Ma guide the boats in at high tide showing them the channel.This may be the only place anywhere that has this but you Pentaxians will let me know if this is so.I'm feeling just about 100% now and hope to get back to the normal swing of things very shortly.--charliezap

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,899
06-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Gorgeous shots, Charlie! All of them! Those trees are so odd! I love how you captured them. And I really love the vibrant colors in the final shot! Glad you are feeling much better now!!
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Love those, in particular the rich colors. #2 &5 are my favorites, but I like them all. So what was it that ailed you Charlie? Sounds a lot like the Squirrel Fever I had last winter...only lasted a day, but it was misery!

Best Regards!....hang in there!
You would think that a tender head area on the outside would be a clue to what was wrong.Hopefully I won't have that again.--charliezap

06-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like #1 a lot. Looks like it could be a Salvador Dali painting.
07-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Glad you're feeling better!!!

I really like the first shot.
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Kauffman Quote
That first shot has a beautiful austerity to it. Glad you recovered and are back out there capturing images.

Marcus
Thanks Guys. The threatening skies gave the first shot a nice look to it that caught my eye.---charliezap
07-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #19
Den
Veteran Member

Back from the almost dead. Cool images and location. Glad you're feeling better.

07-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Oh Charlie I am so sorry to hear how ill you were! That is awful and I am glad you are almost better. Your shots sure don't show your low energy, still full of so much interest, vibrancy and colour. I love the tree shots and the pool shot is terrific. Looks like a great place to spend some time. The happy-go-lucky balloonster makes a great street shot!!!

take care!
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Loving that first shot Charlie. Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you really had a rough time of it. Great place to recover.
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Glad you're feeling better, and you've rejoined the world. Ya know, you gotta stop beating yourself in the head about the Red Sux. They'll get better -- one day way in the future.
It seem like the one week vacation flew by especially with the not feeling good days.At least I have the pictures.--charliezap
07-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
I really like #1 a lot. Looks like it could be a Salvador Dali painting.
QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Back from the almost dead. Cool images and location. Glad you're feeling better.
We went there because a storm was coming across Narragansett Bay but it really didn't materialize.The sky was ominous so it wasn't a waste of time.--charliezap