Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
a landscape, and an abstract
Posted By: little laker, 01-23-2008, 11:51 PM

I got another camera yesterday, mostly for events and possibly macro's. And even though it was COLD today I had to take a hike with it today.

This was the only real landscape that I got.

I was surprised at the quality, since I was using a Sigma 24 - 70 f2.8 zoom instead of my usual 28mm Vivitar series 1 lens.
The Sigma lens isn't known as their best, making it an even more pleasant surprise.

Plus this abstract is my K100D, shot in RAW, and I played around with the linear curve until I came up with what you see.

The body I bought is a Sigma SD14. It'll mainly be used as my event camera, were my K100 will become my backup.

At the present time there are some things I prefer over my Pentax, and some things on the Pentax that I prefer.

I'll see if I can do a head to head shootout with both my cameras in the next few days, and post the results, and my opinions on both camera.

I'm really looking forward to a shootout between it and the new Pentax.

I'll be gone all day tomorrow, and most of friday.
I hope that everyone enjoys the announcements, and I'm looking forward to reading everyones opinions on the new cameras.
Views: 1,217
01-24-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Interesting processing on the 2nd shot. The first shot is again another winner. Colour winter image
01-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots ..

Nie shots Stu..

The landscape is very nice.. I really like the depth that is shows.. the second is pretty neat.. . Sometimes it is fun to just play around with colors to see what you get..

Hope you had a good trip..

Kim
01-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Interesting processing on the 2nd shot. The first shot is again another winner. Colour winter image
Thanks James,

I've been playing with a few pic's like the second one. However I usually layer it, and reduce it's transparency on the original for an artistic effect.

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Nie shots Stu..

The landscape is very nice.. I really like the depth that is shows.. the second is pretty neat.. . Sometimes it is fun to just play around with colors to see what you get..

Hope you had a good trip..

Kim
Thanks
Kim,

I made it back safely, and the winter roads weren't even that bad.

The next time that I do one of those abstracts I'll do a screenshot showing the curve and post it.