Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
How to cool off in the heat
Photo Location: Chattooga River 
Posted By: slowpez, 06-30-2012, 12:28 PM

First let me apologize for the fact that these were taken with a canon. I was kind of busy at the time so was unable to take any decent shots with a PENTAX. Feel free to blast the quality all you want. At least there are no copyright restrictions. The reason we were sitting inside the raft instead of on the edge as is usual, was because this particular rapid is a class 4 and known for causing people to be tossed out. I think it was just because we were old folks. Wasn't easy getting back into position for the rest of the trip either.
You may also try and guess which one I am - took a brave person to allow these photos.

Last edited by slowpez; 07-16-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Views: 1,423
06-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My neighbor is grilling, and I imagine what I'm smelling now is very similar to how you'll smell as you're being burned at the stake for shooting with a Canon!

Anyhoo, it looks like great (and risky) fun! And the triumphant emergence at the end is priceless...
06-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
My neighbor is grilling, and I imagine what I'm smelling now is very similar to how you'll smell as you're being burned at the stake for shooting with a Canon!

Anyhoo, it looks like great (and risky) fun! And the triumphant emergence at the end is priceless...
The canon wasn't mine - it belonged to the rafting company's photographer. Really, really not my fault. If it makes anyone happier, I had to correct the exposure quite a bit (of course I may not have given it the attention they would have gotten had they been taken with a PENTAX)
06-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No matter what camera took the pics, it sure looks like a lot of fun, my back hurts just thinking about it though

06-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
No matter what camera took the pics, it sure looks like a lot of fun, my back hurts just thinking about it though
I feel pretty good but poor old Ray is suffering with his back.
06-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
Pentaxian

COOL! I've gone rafting in Colorado the last couple of years, its GREAT! Thanks for posting the pics...
06-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote
COOL! I've gone rafting in Colorado the last couple of years, its GREAT! Thanks for posting the pics...
Thanks for looking and commenting. I did the Colorado from Lee's Ferry to Lake Meade (through the Grand Canyon) quite a few years ago. That is one trip I will never forget. Two weeks of pure bliss.

06-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Thanks for looking and commenting. I did the Colorado from Lee's Ferry to Lake Meade (through the Grand Canyon) quite a few years ago. That is one trip I will never forget. Two weeks of pure bliss.
I'm looking to do the Royal Gorge in Colorado.....Oddly enough, I'm finding difficulty getting my buddies to "sign on" for this adventure.
07-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote
I'm looking to do the Royal Gorge in Colorado.....Oddly enough, I'm finding difficulty getting my buddies to "sign on" for this adventure.
Try calling them chicken. Worked on my husband although he refused both the Grand Canyon and the Gauley river trips.
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Looks like a real nice way to cool off Susan.---charliezap
07-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Charlie.
07-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Oh my oh my! Susan, these are wonderful photos! You guys are really really brave!! What a blast. Thank you soooo much for sharing your excitement and fun with us!!
07-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Oh my oh my! Susan, these are wonderful photos! You guys are really really brave!! What a blast. Thank you soooo much for sharing your excitement and fun with us!!
I don't think we are brave as much as just old and dumb. No one came near our age on the trip so that should have told us something. We had a great time although the rapids were not very big ones. Great thing to do in this horrible heat though.
07-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
Veteran Member

That IS very brave! Nice captures as well.
07-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I have been meaing to try that and my buddy Davey, tried to get me out on one of these last week. Looks like it was a blast and I need to give that a try very soon. See you have the front of the bus too!! Cheers JIMBO