Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dramatic Florida Landscapes
Posted By: almo, 01-24-2008, 11:38 AM

These are some images of my native land which I have captured with my new camera. When Florida comes to the mind of most people they see strings of white sand beaches and waves with gulls and pelicans swooping by on the wing, or they see a giant golfball and Micky Mouse ears. Yes, while that is a big part of what Florida is, when I think of my home state this is what I see in my mind.

Views: 1,613
01-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

over exposed, the sky in all your shots is completly blown out.
01-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Almo, I've spent a lot of time in FL over the years and am always surprised by the varied scenery/landscape. Thanks for sharing.

Gooshin, lighten up (no pun intended) - he's just sharing pics of his state.
01-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Almo, I've spent a lot of time in FL over the years and am always surprised by the varied scenery/landscape. Thanks for sharing.

Gooshin, lighten up (no pun intended) - he's just sharing pics of his state.
Thanks Chip!

I have lived here almost all of my life, with just about 5 years in other states, but I was born 'N bred right here where I live today. There is almost every ecosystem you could dream of here in NE Florida, with the exception of mountains and the arctic. I could take you to places that you would believe were Africa, or asia, or even the tropical rain forest if you didn't know any better. With the Blue Ridge/Smokies just a few hundred miles north, the ozarks and bayou just a few hundred to the west, and everything else in between just outside my door, I can hardly think of a better place for a nature nut/photographer to call home.

BTW Gooshen doesn't bother me, I've seen his stuff.

01-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice foresty look. Maybe the the soil was quite organic turning out to be black? Or the whole forest just went through the bush fire? Interesting.
01-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Nice foresty look. Maybe the the soil was quite organic turning out to be black? Or the whole forest just went through the bush fire? Interesting.
It's a state park, and the they do prescribed burns every season.

Thanks!
01-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

what is this a competition?

i'm simply stating a fact, the sky is over exposed, make of that what you will, be glad someone is willing to critisize your work and not nod in approvement at every single photo.

you (and everyone else) are more than welcome to point out faults in my own work, but with comments like "ive seen his work i'm not worried" makes you sound like some sort of elitist know it all, not cool.

01-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
what is this a competition?

i'm simply stating a fact, the sky is over exposed, make of that what you will, be glad someone is willing to critisize your work and not nod in approvement at every single photo.

you (and everyone else) are more than welcome to point out faults in my own work, but with comments like "ive seen his work i'm not worried" makes you sound like some sort of elitist know it all, not cool.
Now that is funny, because I was thinking the same thing about a person who would simply make a disparaging remark about someone else's work with out offering up so advice on how to improve said work.

You know, Your work is actually quite nice, my only point is, hey, it's not perfect either now is it? But, I certainly wouldn't just pop in and say, oh that guys face is over exposed, forehead is completely blown out, and nothing else.

You need to think about how the things you post look before you get down on others for what they have to say in return.