Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Courtyard
Lens: Pentax 35 mm f2.8 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Ventura, CA ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: GeoJerry, 07-06-2012, 12:03 PM

So I was in Ventura for an overnight trip, checked into a modest hotel, and set up the camera on a tripod looking out the window. I told the intervalometer to take a shot every 5 minutes and then went to dinner. When I got back, I stacked all 20 odd shots, ran it through Topaz, and got this interesting result.

Views: 568
07-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Freaky...NICE!! I'd hang it up but don't have any room left on the walls.

intervalometer?

Does my K-x have one?

What does topaz do to it?
07-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Wow, thanks! I had no idea what to expect. You just never know.... BTW, no HDR on this one, even though it has a sort of HDR look to it.

Don't know about the K-x. On the K-7 it's in the menu, second page, about 5 items down.
07-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hey, some people hate a pix and some love it. But no matter what...if YOU love it that is all that counts. Keep blasting away and send in more!

07-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
Hey, some people hate a pix and some love it. But no matter what...if YOU love it that is all that counts. Keep blasting away and send in more!
No worries I have no rules, HDR is great! I think anything goes, and I like to experiment. I have even posted pictures I don't really like on several cases just out of curiosity to see what the comments would be.
07-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You may find a lot of neg people on forums sometimes. They are the ones that hate it all. Never find much good in anything. Their job is to tell you why you suck so bad.

Ctein on Yahoo's dye transfer forum is one such fellow. If it does not come out of his own head...it is useless. I just ignore them pretty much. But once in a while I knock them down a notch or two if I'm in a bad mood. But usually I just feel sorry for such people that can't find any good and must hate everything that is not based in their own ego.

I mean we can all find things wrong with something. But doesn't the right ever outweigh the bad? Maybe some people are raised in critical households and finding wrong it is ingrained in them? And if they can't find much wrong they work overtime to nitpick a thing?

Here is a thread I posted at another forum.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/medium-format-large-format/290331-some-nice-large-format-boudoir-nudes-pix.html

Look at all the neg comments about his work. OK, the tog in question may have a little bit of an ego with the overuse of master. And as I noted, I pretty much only liked his figure work. But he still does nice enuf work for me to save about 8 or 9 of his pix in my kindle to reference to. Shooting figures with a view cam is not as easy as blasting away with a dslr.

Last edited by slackercruster; 07-06-2012 at 01:04 PM.
07-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Wow, thanks! I had no idea what to expect. You just never know.... BTW, no HDR on this one, even though it has a sort of HDR look to it.

Don't know about the K-x. On the K-7 it's in the menu, second page, about 5 items down.

Oh...one other thing.

When YOU know and don't need OTHERS telling you to know...then YOU have arrived!
07-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
When YOU know and don't need OTHERS telling you to know...then YOU have arrived!
Good one! Will check your previous post out a bit later on...

07-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pretty cool idea, GeoJerry! I love it when people get creative. This is a very interesting and unique image!
07-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very interesting effect. I think you could do a lot of neat things with this, and if you do I hope you post 'em here, 'cause I'd love to see more.
07-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks loco and luftluss... I do intend to milk this technique more
07-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool result. Being in California you are so lucky the building didn't move. Love the technique. Wish the other one you posted showed up as I would have liked to have seen it.
07-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Cool result. Being in California you are so lucky the building didn't move. Love the technique. Wish the other one you posted showed up as I would have liked to have seen it.
Thanks slowpez.... but which other one are you referring to?
07-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Thanks slowpez.... but which other one are you referring to?
The one where you took timed shots of yourself sleeping; I think that was yours. I'll try to find it again. Lordy, I'm getting old.

Found it - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/191693-abstract-sleep-intervalometer.html. Says photo not available.

Last edited by slowpez; 07-07-2012 at 02:19 PM.
07-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Oh, THAT one... it's passed into page 2 without a comment. LOL But I like it. Check it out, and if you don't see it let me know and I'll repost it. I can see it OK.