Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Incredible Flowers (or incredible camera & lens?)
Posted By: tessfully, 07-06-2012, 12:57 PM

I am really really excited about my shots from today. I don't know if I have heat-stroke, or maybe it is the vibrant colours. I even enjoyed taking a picture a flower eating caterpillar that is about two cm. long when stretched out. Here are my favourites! Thanks for being here!!

Views: 2,638
07-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
We just got back from another trip to the lake and I am so surprised to see more wonderful comments on this series!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
How about excellent photographer. This series just blows me away. Fantastic job.
Thank you so much Susan... you know your work blows me away too!! Especially the water series from a week ago.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dice Quote
The first image is really really good. I love the painterly feel. The others are great too but number 1 is really super.
Thank you Dice!!

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Tess, just bow and take the applause in good spirit. It is well deserved and the images are a combination of a lot of factors, including a talented photographer.
Marc, you are always so kind and generous with your comments. I always appreciate hearing what you think. Thanks for dropping by!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Amazing stuff, Tess. These shots have a substance and solidity that you just see often in what is - after all - a two-dimensional medium. These shots have . . . . . . well, pith. Maybe it's the selective focus and shallow DOF, but there something here that I don't recall seeing before. Great job!!

Jer
Oh Jer!! Wow, thanks soooo much for the wonderful comment. I hope I can find that special something again. thank you thank you!!

07-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wonderful colors Tess a lot of those are worthy of print.
07-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A great series all around Tess.Color-composure--lighting-sharpness. Well done.--charliezap
07-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I am definitely not a 'flower shooter' and generally avoid flower threads (the title sucked me in), but these are wonderful. The Tamron is a great lens (but the tog had more than a bit to do with the quality shown here) !

07-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow a 3d effect and popping colors - I think the operator gets some credit.