Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
You Can't Make This......
Camera: Fuji X10 Photo Location: texas ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F2 
Posted By: Rupert, 07-06-2012, 06:31 PM

Gumbo
[IMG] [/IMG]

......from this. Been in the sun too long! One day is the limit here in July...after that, all flavor is gone.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
Views: 758
07-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought they only started to get flavorful after a couple of days.
Real tasty lookin' meal, there. The first one, I mean.
07-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess you Texas folk are light eaters......first thing that came to my mind when viewing your pic Rupert is the portion in the bowl.

I'm married to a woman who was raised Pennsylvania Dutch - when you get a bowl of soup or stew, the bowl is FULL!

Just picking on you - thanks for sharing the pic!
07-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I didn't need to see that roadkill pic. I really didn't. Rupert that was just sadistic, cough, laugh. Poor little wee dead thing, aw....

07-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
The Shrimp Gumbo was delicious...my own recipe. Mrs Rupert picked the shrimp out and left the rest of the gumbo untouched...she is very picky. Could be all those cayenne peppers I had in there!

I love to put something different together for the evening meal, and yet keep within my diet pretty close. As of today, I have lost 24 lbs...only a pound to go to get back to where I was over 10 years ago. The best part of it is that I have eaten like a king throughout the process, and will easily stick with my self-structured diet with no pain.

Good thing that armadillo was two days old...even if they are delicious, they are full of saturated fat....and no telling what else!

Regards & thanks for looking!
07-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dillo on the half shell. Love it. Congrats on your weight loss Rupert. Not an easy thing to accomplish. Didn't know Texans ate okra - slimy stuff.
07-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Dillo on the half shell. Love it. Congrats on your weight loss Rupert. Not an easy thing to accomplish. Didn't know Texans ate okra - slimy stuff.
Susan, okra is a Texas staple, a long time favorite on the menus of almost every decent restaurant in Texas. I love it boiled, baked or fried. Battered in corn meal and fried, there is not much better in the vegetable world! I can make an entire meal form a big plate of fried okra!

You could even hollow out that 'dillo shell and fill it full of fried okra...although I haven't tried it....yet!

Regards!