Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Happy Birthday
Posted By: daacon, 01-24-2008, 07:30 PM

To Me!! Well not today but recently and what did they get me today (as I had to pick it out) - my family has conceded this photography thing is not going to pass any time soon god bless their souls

[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2283/2218002412_4743266980_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Pretty Obvious eh ?
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2047/2217232279_479c6d3af5_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Colors are good
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2377/2218002324_a7ae74933c_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

I am pleased
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2226/2217207037_56fcb5b00d_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

I can see some fun with this one.
Views: 3,888
01-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Happy birthday Dave.

So, how does turning 30 feel?

Did you ever get a gimbal for your Sigmonster?

-George
01-24-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't help it Dave. Be more careful with that 10-17. You could easily break the front element with that schnozz pointed at the lens!!!

Congrats on the B'day present. Nice lens. Geez the collection's growing a lot lately.
01-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I'm not sure if I want that thar last image at a bigger size... *shudder*
Kidding of course :P
Have fun with it!

01-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Happy Birthday! What a cool present:-)
01-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Happy bday!!!

Happy bday Dave!!!!

Love the last shot.... Made me laugh so much my son even had to come check out what I was doin?? LOL

GREAT shot... enjoy your present.. it looks like a good one.. "as long as the nose prints wipe off!! " hehhehe

Kim
01-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
Veteran Member

That is great that a lens for your birthday present. I had no presents like these for many years: only mugs or things like ash trays etc...
01-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
Happy birthday Dave. So, how does turning 30 feel?
Did you ever get a gimbal for your Sigmonster?
-George
thx George - to answer your questions 1) If I remember correctly turning 30 was a very good year I believe I got an 8 Tract Tape of this new hot band called the Eagles 2) not yet but on the wish list

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I can't help it Dave. Be more careful with that 10-17. You could easily break the front element with that schnozz pointed at the lens!!!
Congrats on the B'day present. Nice lens. Geez the collection's growing a lot lately.
Thanks Peter yeah it sure has - I gotta stop!!!! Thank gawd the nose is mostly cartilage and will bend on too close a focus There are no more immediate lens I covet but if the 17-70 is HSM ....and weather sealed ..... ummmmmmm hahaha

QuoteOriginally posted by hudsong Quote
I'm not sure if I want that thar last image at a bigger size... *shudder* Kidding of course :P
Have fun with it!
Thanks hudsong - one advantage of age is vanity is not an issue and humor is above all

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
Happy Birthday! What a cool present:-)
Thanks Eagleapids - it was priceless on my Birthday I got $$ with a note about something Fishy ... they knew I wanted something that had the word fish and eye in it and they believed it would be something that attach to the camera

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
Happy bday Dave!!!!
Love the last shot.... Made me laugh so much my son even had to come check out what I was doin?? LOL GREAT shot... enjoy your present.. it looks like a good one.. "as long as the nose prints wipe off!! " hehhehe
Kim
Thanks Kim. Nose prints can indeed be an issue you can get soooooooo close I am amazed. I love the last shot as well , if we can't laugh at ourselves then what's the point ?

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
That is great that a lens for your birthday present. I had no presents like these for many years: only mugs or things like ash trays etc...
Thanks James - I have learned over the years as my kids are older now (16 and 18) , when they ask what I want now I tend to tell them sometimes it works out sometimes not so much but it's all good.

01-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #9
Veteran Member

My Goodness !

I will have trouble sleeping tonight because of that 3rd image !

J/k !!!

Happy B-Day eh !

Actually the first image is my fav . I hope those girls at Victoria Secrets dressing room didn't get too afraid of Pentax guys from now on
01-25-2008, 03:19 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Happy birthday Dave. Loove the shots, lol. Made my day!
01-25-2008, 03:41 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Many happy returns Dave - one question - can I have your family buy my birthday present? I am sure you'll have heaps of fun with the new lens!
01-25-2008, 04:01 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Happy Birthday Ol' Man!

You're going to have a lot of fun with that new lens - enjoy!

(You took your camera to Marks? Are you taking it everywhere? I remember I got a huge truck for my 5th birthday and even took the darn thing to bed with me. Please do us a favour and don't do that!)
01-25-2008, 05:18 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Happy Birthday Dave! Man that last shot...I'm at a loss for words.

Great gift! Enjoy!
01-25-2008, 05:49 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote
My Goodness !
I will have trouble sleeping tonight because of that 3rd image !
J/k !!! Happy B-Day eh !
Actually the first image is my fav . I hope those girls at Victoria Secrets dressing room didn't get too afraid of Pentax guys from now on
Thanks dantuyhoa If I were going to raid the ladies dressing room methinks I would use a none fisheye glass - I was going to put a warning in the title to keep small children away . I like the first one as well - too bad the mirror was so dirty but I did not want to attrack any more attention to myslef by cleaning the mirror !

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie_B Quote
Happy birthday Dave. Loove the shots, lol. Made my day!
Thanks Julie must of been a slooooooooow day , glad I could break it up

QuoteOriginally posted by fula6 Quote
Many happy returns Dave - one question - can I have your family buy my birthday present? I am sure you'll have heaps of fun with the new lens!
Thanks fula6 well I am rather attached to my family after 22 years they are getting to grow on me so thanks but I think I'll keep 'em (as long as they will keep me )

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Happy Birthday Ol' Man!

You're going to have a lot of fun with that new lens - enjoy!
(You took your camera to Marks? Are you taking it everywhere? I remember I got a huge truck for my 5th birthday and even took the darn thing to bed with me. Please do us a favour and don't do that!)
Thanks Jeff - Old Man indeed - I really donít feel any older and still wondering what I will be when I grow up (almost ready to give up growing up) , however I am much closer to a senior discount than being legal in Vegas! Nice catch on the Mark's Work Warehouse - yeah I just got the lens . Itís cold outside, and I had to take da boy in for some boots and coveralls - I tend to do random stuff like that - with teenagers they get soooooooooo embarrassed which of course is half the fun

QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Happy Birthday Dave! Man that last shot...I'm at a loss for words.
Great gift! Enjoy!
Thanks Scott - I think most of the verbal reactions to that last shot would not actually be words per say so I can understand
01-25-2008, 07:24 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Happy belated BDAY. I tell you every time I start thinking I would like a new lens, suddenly people start posting picture after picture using the lens. LOLOL great shots and the nose one is hilarious and distrubing at the same time