Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon
Posted By: slowpez, 07-09-2012, 07:21 AM

From our last trip.
The Cherohala Skyway travels through the Cherokee and Nantahala National Forests. It connects North Carolina and Tennessee. North Carolina got the most beautiful section but the end, Telico Plains, TN has the most wonderful bakery that makes the best artisan bread ever.
The last two shots are from The Tail of the Dragon. Motorcyclists come from all over to drive this stretch of winding, curvy mountain road. In the last shot, please not that the guy on the near side was packing heat. Wonder who he expected to meet on that road and could he actually take his hands off the handlebars to shoot someone?

Last edited by slowpez; 07-16-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Views: 1,452
07-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
in lieu of my being able to see these in person, i really appreciate your efforts and love this series... dave m
Thanks Dave. I appreciate the kind comment.

07-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful stuff, Susan. We lived in Nashville back (way back) when I was a grad student at Vandy. I loved to go to East TN and NC. In '69, I also spent a fun-filled summer at Fort Bragg, enjoying camping, weapons cleaning, stomping through the woods at night - and I actually got paid for these delights.

Jer
07-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Beautiful stuff, Susan. We lived in Nashville back (way back) when I was a grad student at Vandy. I loved to go to East TN and NC. In '69, I also spent a fun-filled summer at Fort Bragg, enjoying camping, weapons cleaning, stomping through the woods at night - and I actually got paid for these delights.

Jer
Well Jer, if you really miss Fort Bragg, I would be happy to go there and take a few snaps. I could also stop by Fort Jackson (which is just down the street) for a few photo ops. I really doubt it is much different than Bragg except it is hotter.
07-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #19
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some beautiful shots there Susan! Mrs Rupert has been trying to get me to visit that area, but it is a long way from Texas! Your shots might change my mind!

Regards!

07-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Come on over Rupert. I'll put the kettle on and some beer in the fridge. We are lucky to live so close to the area and the Smoky Mtns. and Blueridge Parkway and Shenandoah are some of our favorite places. You may bring Otis if he promises to stay out of my planters.