Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Love the SNOW!!!!! (4 imgs)
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 01-24-2008, 09:06 PM

I have to say that Winter is one of my favorite times of year.... yeah I know I am kind of strange but winter has a beauty all of its own.... These are some of the pics I took last weekend. I had to get some powerlines out of them before I posted them... UGH!!!

I hope you enjoy them... C & C is always welcome and appreciated.... I have a 7 pic Pano of the cabin pic that I am still working on and will post it in a couple days..

#1 is actually taken right of the side fo the road... I had to stop on the way home for an accident to be cleared and this was the view out of my drivers side window... How could I resist!!!!!

#2 is a crop of #1...

#3 I would love to own this cabin/house....... I can dream can't I ???

#4 Pollock Mtn. with fresh snow from the night before... Tall and proud she is!!!!

Thanks for lookin... Kim
Views: 2,360
01-26-2008, 12:06 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shots...I really like #3. Thanks for sharing.

01-26-2008, 12:29 AM   #17
Veteran Member

They look great! I'm getting my snow pictures tomorrow in Minnesota.
01-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!!

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
You live a little closer to the tree line. I am down in the desert, where snow is the only thing that could possibly make it pretty. Nice shots.
Thanks Dave... But I really don't live that close to the tree line in Emmett.. lol.. I just get to the moutains as much as possible. It is where I grew up and where I hope to return by this fall with any luck!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Very scenic Kim and nice job on cloning out the power lines. I love winter as well - just wish it was not our longest season
Just remember Dave.... Nice long wet winters bring Bright Glorious Springs...!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
I hate winter! I wanna go fishing. Nice shots Kim:-)
Hey now.... No grumpin.. LOL As Stu pointed out... you can still fish in the winter!! I am sure you could drill a hole in Lake CourdeAlene and drop a line in ?? lol

QuoteOriginally posted by craftsmansky Quote
thanks for the shots kim, and for reminding me of one of the things i miss least about not living in idaho. the snow...
Ahhhh.. come now.. Surely you dont mean that... snow is a good thing... Without snow there would be no Snow Angels!!!! My son and I's favorite Snowtime activity!!!!!

01-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by dbh Quote
I can tell you like snow from your photos. So you must be doing something right! ;-) I like them all.
Sometimes when shoveling it, getting stuck in it, digging it out from down your neck, etc. it's hard to reflect on the beauty contained in those little hexagonal crystalline jewels of nature.

Thanks for your pictures. dbh
I am glad that you enjoyed them... I do enjoy winter and all it brings!!! I even don't mind the shoveling and the throwing (esspecially if it is me doing the throwing..lol )!!! Although I really don't like driving in it and getting stuck in it but it is a small price to pay... lol and in another month I will be ready for spring and ready for it go but for now... it is beautiful!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Great shots Kim. Do your snow shots come out really blue? I have to warm mine up in PP.
If your snow shots are coming out blue, your white balance might be off? I have never had that trouble. I usually keep my camera in my car or inside my coat to keep it warm.

Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful comments... I am glad that you enjoyed the shots!! I am still working on the pano from that day (powerlines are a pain in the @$#%$@). but as soon as I get it done I will post it!!

Kim