Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
New Lens
Posted By: GeoJerry, 07-11-2012, 10:39 AM

I finally got my new Sigma 8-16 mm and took it out for a test drive yesterday after work. Most of these were taken at San Buenaventura Beach and pier in Ventura. I think I'm going to like this lens!

A seagull taking off... I had to wait a while for this guy to finally get going.

A lifeguard tower after hours.

Looking northwest along the beach, with cooperative pelican (no, not photoshopped in - just got lucky)

Seagull fears photographer, flees Ventura Pier.

Looking to the south towards Oxnard and Point Mugu.

Some flowers in a little grove south of the pier.

A little stream empties into the ocean here. Lots of birds in the distance but hard to see with this lens.

A shot that could only be taken with an 8 mm lens. My feet aren't really that tiny.

Lights out. The lens is about 6 inches from the lampshade, and the base is almost directly below the camera.

Views: 1,326
07-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, I am looking for a wide angle so appreciated your shots. I love the lampshade shot as well as the stream and ocean. The Seagull and streetlamp is a great shot. They are all very good ambassador images for the lens. (You sure are a tall fellow!) thanks for sharing!

07-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
little stream
I just love that one!

Thanks for posting these--I ordered one from B&H yesterday and this really helped me get through the "Oh man, should I really have done that?" phase. I'll move on to the "Can't wait til it gets here" phase now. ;~)
07-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Great lens in great hands. Wonderful series that shows what it can do.
07-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Wow, I am looking for a wide angle so appreciated your shots.
Thanks Tess I'm sure you'll like this one. The lampshade shot shows just how sharp this lens is. I thought the outdoor shots were a little soft so I reprocessed the seagull shot (on page 2 or 3 by now) and you can see the resolution is there and very good.

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Thanks for posting these--I ordered one from B&H yesterday and this really helped me get through the "Oh man, should I really have done that?" phase. I'll move on to the "Can't wait til it gets here" phase now. ;~)
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I was thinking about the Pentax 12-24 mm but the extra width on the Sigma is great to have. Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Great lens in great hands. Wonderful series that shows what it can do.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. :-)