Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

At your service
Posted By: Photochop, 12-30-2006, 05:06 PM

Ok, so I think it's about time I share something with you all. Here's a shot of the 2 TD centres that my mother worked at as a cleaning lady for many years. She has since passed and I find myself returning to this location on several occasions for some odd reason. Not exactly my best memory of her, but still a memory.

Pentax K100D with DA 18-55mm lens. It was originally shot in colour and I converted it to black and white.

Views: 3,165
01-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks JC!

Remember what the Toronto Skyline used to look like before the condo craze? It was the CN Tower and 3 big ugly black buildings. lol. Now all I see are cranes with condos being built just about everywhere. We must be the Condo Capital by now!LOL.

01-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Very nice! Plus, I like that you captured this with the kit lens. I find that my kit lens is very nice, but I can't get shots like this that look this nice. This is a good example of what the kit lens can do. Did you have to correct any distortion? Great shot!
01-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #18
Inactive Account

I like the composition and the conversion to b&w. Nicely done!

I also like the fact that it was shot with the kit lens. I ordered it with my K10 because of the ridiculously low price but I keep hearing advice not to bother with it.

On the other hand, I keep seeing sharp as a tack images like yours. Thanks for sharing.

Dan
01-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi Russ, I didn't correct any lens distortion on this one although I do find that buildings tend to lean in quite a bit in my other shots but I think it might have to do with angle of my shots. I'll have to do some more testing.

Have you tried using f11 and above with your lens? I find that the images are much sharper at that setting.

Thanks for commenting!
V.

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Very nice! Plus, I like that you captured this with the kit lens. I find that my kit lens is very nice, but I can't get shots like this that look this nice. This is a good example of what the kit lens can do. Did you have to correct any distortion? Great shot!

01-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Dan

This is my first dSLR so I have nothing to compare it to, but for the price of the kit lens and the image quality I'm getting so far, I'd say it's certainly worth investing in.

The lens I'm really really impressed with is the DA 50-200mm, now that's a sharp lens! I don't really have anything worth sharing yet but I'll get around to it eventually.

Cheers.
V.