Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Get Fat Mama!
Camera: Fuji X10 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Rupert, 07-12-2012, 10:15 PM

I'm only feeding these because the Mama is so skinny and she has two babies she let's eat first, which has put a toll on her own health. I hate to do it, but I'm a sucker for anything that is hungry. Hopefully I can get Mama fat again soon, and they can go back to stealing for a living.

Get fat Mama!
[IMG] [/IMG]

She had already let the baby eat some first.....and the other one too...
[IMG] [/IMG]

Two at a time...that's OK!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Mama is keeping their back covered!
[IMG] [/IMG]

A crummy crop of the Mama's teeth......they are awesome fighters...and the Daddy is well over twice the size of the Mama. Not much really wants to tangle with a Raccoon with babies...not even Otis!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Like I said, I hate to feed them, I believe in survival of the fittest.....kind of. I believe much more in feeding whatever is hungry!

Regards!
Views: 921
07-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice shots here Rupert, amazing animals can survive in such heat and lack of water like they do, Mom is watching you, but much appreciated the help I think.
07-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting animals.
07-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

They can be mean and vicious critters for sure , but they appreciate the help indeed even if they don't show it.

07-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

heartwarming and endearing series.... fine captures rupert... dave m
07-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks for feeding them Rupert. Some people just make the world a better place to live in. A pat on the back to you.
07-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Thanks guy/gals! I enjoy watching them play in my yard half the night after they get their little bellies full.

Unfortunately, Otis saw this thread, and the caring people responding. Now I have to warn all of you....this morning he has set up a phone bank and has dozens of his Army Squirrels that speak human (well, sort of, if you know what I mean?) dialing for contributions to his "Save the Baby Raccoons" fund. I overheard one call where his Army Squirrel told a lady that they were keeping a baby Raccoon alive on an IV feed, but would "pull the plug" if the lady didn't donate $100 and give him her Credit Card number immediately. Meanwhile, Otis is on his notebook surfing E-Bay Motors and planning on some new wheels with the cash he is raking in.

If you get such a call, my advice is to just hang up...quickly. I'll take care of the Raccoons, we don't need Otis!

Regards!

07-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
Veteran Member

You are a compassionate and kind person Rupert. I am very moved by your images and desire to help out the mother racoon. thank you for posting. Please let us know if she puts on some weight.
07-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

They're going to eventually go back to stealing for a living....from you.

I put feed out for the deer and anything else that will eat it because I enjoy seeing the wildlife. And I like well-fed deer...they're bigger targets during hunting season*.

* - no, I don't hunt over the feed spots. I feed them in my yard, not the woods.
07-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've never seen skinny raccoons before...

Good shots, Rupert, and I'd feed 'em, too, survival of the fittest be damned.
07-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Thanks again kind-hearted souls of PF! Just remember, I am feeding them well, and when you get that call from Otis' phone bank of Squirrels "dialing for dollars"....it's just another scam! He has already raked in enough for a down payment on a Ferrari he found on E-Bay Motors. He says it is necessary to transport "life saving" feed from the store back to the poor little Raccoons fast and efficiently.

Regards!
07-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Last week, we found a baby raccoon who had trapped himself (herself?) on a ledge over the front door of our house. We called animal control, who - fearing he (she) couldn't survive without mama - arrived quickly to rescue him (her?).

Jer
07-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gotta say, those are the lankiest 'coons I've ever seen. Here in western PA, even the youngins are more squat, broader - just plain fatter - than those skinny beasts. Kind of you to get them through the drought.