Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Raccoon Report
Camera: Fuji X10 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: Rupert, 07-13-2012, 09:26 PM

I feel the need to post this follow up, since Otis and his "Phone Bank" of Tele-Squirrels has been soliciting donations all day for "Starving Raccoons"..... to let you all know that they are not starving, and I am still feeding them very well.

To the old lady that donated her life savings, please contact me and I will try to get it back for you....and no, the Raccoons were never on life support and Otis was not going to pull the plug if you didn't donate. My apologies.

These were shot in total darkness and I had to depend solely on the Fuji green focus light to get the flash shots, so they might have been better, but you can see they are not on life support!

Mama stands back and guards to let the two babies eat first. That's just how Mamas are, it's wonderful, isn't it!
[IMG] [/IMG]

I'm only a few feet away in the darkness...so they are a little skittish about my presence.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Finally, Mama comes up to get her a little helping after the babies are full. Get fat Mama!
[IMG] [/IMG]

If you get one of those Robo-Calls from Otis or his Tele Marketer Squirrels, just hang up! These Raccoons are going to be just fine, and Otis can find a new scheme to get rich quick.

Best Regards!
Views: 1,639
07-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They look better already!

Sure are cute little buggers.
07-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
They look better already!

Sure are cute little buggers.
Another week or so and they will be as fat as Mama Festus Squirrel (Otis' Mom)!

Hard to believe she once fit in a tea cup!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Regards!
07-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dang, I remember Festus from a couple years ago, when I lurked here and over at the other site.

07-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Dang, I remember Festus from a couple years ago, when I lurked here and over at the other site.
Yes....if you do a Festus search at DPR there are well over 3,000 posts referencing him...and we haven't been there for years! He was quite famous in his day, and after Otis was born and took over the clan and established his Squirrel Army, Festus took his fortune and retired way up in a big Oak tree. I see him in his rocker on breezy days, still the king of having the "goods" that made him famous!

Not many can match these jewels!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
07-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hahaha @ Festus.

Since we don't have raccoons I can enjoy the shots without considering any nuisance factor. Nice shots Rupert,
07-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Thank you for the update. She is looking better already. Always a smile to read your stories!!

07-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Am sending you a PM re: the money Otis took from me. It was a considerable sum and is needed to purchase a new lens or two. Your prompt return of said funds will be appreciated.
07-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Am sending you a PM re: the money Otis took from me. It was a considerable sum and is needed to purchase a new lens or two. Your prompt return of said funds will be appreciated.
Susan, I really like you, so this is hard to do, but it must be done........I went out to talk with Otis this morning about returning your life savings, and just as I got his attention, a Big Budweiser truck pulled in the drive, followed by an open top dump truck from the Feed Store......full over the top with fresh roasted peanuts.

There wasn't much point in going any further with him....your money is currently going in the little bellies of hundreds of Squirrels.
Let this be a lesson to us all to not give anything to phone solicitors, and in particular if they are Squirrely.

Best Regards! & My deepest regrets.
Rupert
07-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Raccoons are fun to view as long as they are on someone else's property.Around here they can be a real nuisance.---charliezap
07-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Raccoons are fun to view as long as they are on someone else's property.Around here they can be a real nuisance.---charliezap
I agree, although they are not a problem around my place....so far! They have been coming around every night and entertaining me for years, without damage. The key is making sure they have something to eat, where they don't have to break into your home and raid your pantry!
I also try to remember....they were here first.....and most likely consider me the real intruder? If I was hungry, they would feed me...although they are pretty greasy!

Regards!
07-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Susan, I really like you, so this is hard to do, but it must be done........I went out to talk with Otis this morning about returning your life savings, and just as I got his attention, a Big Budweiser truck pulled in the drive, followed by an open top dump truck from the Feed Store......full over the top with fresh roasted peanuts.

There wasn't much point in going any further with him....your money is currently going in the little bellies of hundreds of Squirrels.
Let this be a lesson to us all to not give anything to phone solicitors, and in particular if they are Squirrely.

Best Regards! & My deepest regrets.
Rupert
SOB!!!!!!!!
07-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
SOB!!!!!!!!
Susan, I am so sorry....but you can take some comfort in knowing that you just funded the biggest Squirrel Keg Party I have ever witnessed. We have had Squirrels falling out of trees, dancing in the street, and some even stripping and streaking all over the neighborhood. Damnest thing you have ever seen! Two...that I know of....ate so many roasted peanuts and drank so much beer they actually exploded......and Otis charged the entire clan an ear of corn each after they blew apart all over the place, claiming it was a Fireworks show.

I'll be all day tomorrow cleaning up the mess and picking up little barf bags that littler my yard. I hope no one else gave to Otis' fundraising effort, I can't handle much more of this! The Devil Squirrel is using Raccoon tails as kabobs to roast apples over an open flame, and worse, the Raccoons are still attached! This is out of control!

Best Regards....I bet you wish you never met me or Otis....I feel so bad...please don't hold this against me!
07-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
Den
Veteran Member

Rupert, I do enjoy your sense of humor! Oh, and your images too.
My squirrels, one in particular I think, has been gnawing on my drip system tubing. I had to replace several sections, but I still like them and feed them daily along with the Jays.
07-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
Rupert, I do enjoy your sense of humor! Oh, and your images too.
My squirrels, one in particular I think, has been gnawing on my drip system tubing. I had to replace several sections, but I still like them and feed them daily along with the Jays.
Thanks Den....I'm glad you enjoy Otis and his antics. I'm not the best of shooters, I won't argue that, but I do like to have a little fun. Not everyone does...I understand that (actually, I don't understand that! ) but I am glad you like a little fun too!

Sprinkle a little cayenne pepper or Tabasco around those sprinklers. You will either stop them from eating those pipes, or they will set up a Taco Stand and go into business on your lawn!

Best Regards!