Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
A Few HDR's
Posted By: joe.penn, 07-15-2012, 06:52 PM

Here's a few HDR shots from my recent trip to south carolina - all were done handheld 3-shot bracketed...

Views: 1,232
07-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Normally this type of HDR is too much for me (especially with halos like in the first one around the building), but... and its a good one... the subjects and composition for these images are just fantastic. These are a great example of where HDR like this works well or even better... I really like the 3rd image the best, but all those carnival shots are beautiful and fun.

07-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
These are soooo wild and exciting!! I love your treatment and pp of HDR. I am so inspired to try. Closing in on finding a subject. Thank you so much for posting!!
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Heavily processed but I like 'em particularly the rides and neon.
QuoteOriginally posted by Jools Quote
I guess there are a lot of opinions on HDR. I too sometimes like it and other times do not.
These work for me because of the subject matter. Vibrant memories, action and euphoria in these parks and locales.
Nice work.
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Magic!
QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
Normally this type of HDR is too much for me (especially with halos like in the first one around the building), but... and its a good one... the subjects and composition for these images are just fantastic. These are a great example of where HDR like this works well or even better... I really like the 3rd image the best, but all those carnival shots are beautiful and fun.
Thanks everyone for the kind compliments - I am looking to get out soon to try this again at some local carnivals...
07-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I love these Joe ! Whilst not a fan of cartoon mags these are similar but in a very entertaining way. Nice work indeed !
07-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
I love these Joe ! Whilst not a fan of cartoon mags these are similar but in a very entertaining way. Nice work indeed !
Thanks Kevin!