Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Beer Garden Bubbles
Lens: DA 35LTD Camera: K5 Photo Location: Vernon, BC 
Posted By: daacon, 07-17-2012, 10:11 AM

Come on I know y;all missed the bubbles eh

We brought the Hurricane of Bubble machine with us on Holidays. This is at the Beer Gardens for the Funtastic 2012 Slo-Pitch Tournament in Vernon, BC. We have been going there every July long weekend for over 10 years and already bought our spot for next year. The last few years the kids have come (drinking age is 19 in BC) so it's been a real family affiar.

BC liquor laws are getting tougher. They now have a 0.05 limit for driving and most bars (beer gardens not included) are suppose to wait 20 minutes before serving another drink. There were no table and chairs this year at the gardens (not sure why - there were never a problem in previous years - and we had one pregnant person with us so for her it was a major inconvenience and we even tried to bring our own in which they did not allow). All the beer had to be poured in 'Red Solo Cups' which slowed down the service , worse for the environment and in this day and age unfortunately just makes it a easier for some nefariousness person to slip something in a ladies drink.

All that aside (and there were no issues that we are aware of) overall this is one of the most fun places to be. The weather is usually perect, beaches are near by , about 200+ teams compete for fun (there is no prize money) and they have 3 days of live music. This year was the Canadian classic Rock and Roll bands Headpins, Streetheart and Trooper and on Saturday Lou Gramm (lead signer for Foreigner)

Security was tighter as well. My wife and I had to get the head of security to 'approve' our bubble solution. We purposely brought a new sealed bottle in. I really have no problem with them checking that, but it was kind of funny my wife and I standing beside the entrance with a kids bubble machine and bottle of bubble solution waiting for approval.

It's funny how popular this machine is. Everyone wanted one and if we had a trunk full of them could have made a tidy profit. Oh you can probably also deduce from these shots our Team went with a western theme this year (we do a theme at the beer gardens every year just adds to the fun) . This one was particularly popular with everyone.

#5 Little red Eye in this one hey I did not take the shot

Edit :
A little video of the crowd and Trooper doing one of their classics

Last edited by daacon; 07-17-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Views: 997
07-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beer, bubbles and babes and a moustache to boot, does it get any better?
07-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Beer, bubbles and babes and a moustache to boot, does it get any better?
Thanks Bob , this weekend is usually the highlight of the summer - look forward to it every year.
07-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Looks like a grand time was had.I'm due for some more bubbles.--charliezap

07-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sure looks like it was a fun weekend Dave and you have the pictures to prove it.
07-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Looks like a grand time was had.I'm due for some more bubbles.--charliezap
Thansk Charlie yeah we have been without bubbles for a while need to start up again as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Sure looks like it was a fun weekend Dave and you have the pictures to prove it.
Thanks Heinrich it was a great weekend friends, family , music , beer, food , good times.
07-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I have really been missing the bubbles - NOT!!!!!!!!!!

07-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I assume that the song, "All My Ex's Live in Texas", was playing in the background. I wish I could have been to that party.

Jer
07-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Looks like great fun! I kept looking for Lawrence Welk in your shots! I bet the youngsters here never heard of him...and his "tiny bubbles"!

Regards!
07-20-2012, 04:17 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I have really been missing the bubbles - NOT!!!!!!!!!!
haha well thanks for stopping by to comment Susan

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I assume that the song, "All My Ex's Live in Texas", was playing in the background. I wish I could have been to that party.
Jer
Thanks Jer , I think you would have enjoyed this. Mostly classic rock and roll was played but some years they have a country band.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Looks like great fun! I kept looking for Lawrence Welk in your shots! I bet the youngsters here never heard of him...and his "tiny bubbles"!
Regards!
I hear yea Rupert I think the vast majority are 35 and under , I am one of the seniors there for sure, but still really enjoy this weekend.