Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
CPR Lock
Posted By: J.Scott, 01-25-2008, 05:48 PM

I got my K10D back from Pentax repair yesterday and just had to bring it to work today. It is back from having the sensor realigned. It only took a couple weeks but in the interim I used my *ist DS and assorted film cameras to keep my addiction satisfied. I really like this camera!

I give to you a CPR lock; simple and strong. I just used the 18-55mm kit lens (from the *ist DS) and played with the curves a bit in Photoshop.

Views: 1,620
01-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
They look really good and colourful.
01-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Strong for sure

I like it, good contrast with the blue background. There is just something about a lock and chain (especially if they have a bit of rust)
01-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice uncommon shot - good DOF and focus ..... I like the framing well done Jeff !

01-25-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I love the colours and contrast Jeff, what a perfect picture.
01-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice photo Jeff, looking at the chain it seems that it is still in active use.

Heinrich
01-26-2008, 02:45 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words folks!

It is holding two fence/gates together at an entrance into the CPR rail yard near downtown. I just happened to have my work truck parked in front of the gate for a few minutes. It is cropped slightly to eliminate the metal pipe of the gate.

Yes Heinrich, it is still used on a regular basis as I saw a large payloader coming through there a few days ago.

01-26-2008, 03:43 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Nice picture Mr Scott Very colourful, glad to see you got your cam back. Im going to have to send mine for repair as I stupidly put the battery in the wrong way round! I managed to hook it out but broke the door (on the camera) in the process

I have 50-135mm on the way so will have to play with that before i send the camera away
01-26-2008, 04:24 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Nice picture Mr Scott Very colourful, glad to see you got your cam back. Im going to have to send mine for repair as I stupidly put the battery in the wrong way round! I managed to hook it out but broke the door (on the camera) in the process

I have 50-135mm on the way so will have to play with that before i send the camera away
Mr. Scott?? - That was my Dad; I'm just Jeff.

It was a rather plain looking picture until I played with the curves in Photoshop. I always use that feature with great trepidation as it can make drastic changes and the picture can go from just 'blah' to 'yuck' very quickly. I ought to take a proper course and learn how to use Photoshop. I use caution to not boast about being self-taught as my teacher is often proven to be an idiot.

Sorry to hear about your busted battery door. That sounds like something I'd do. While my camera was at Pentax I called and the head techie guy said that they were realigning the sensor on my camera to fix the crooked picture problem. Make sure you ask them to do a thorough cleaning, too.

Congrats on the new lens acquisition! I recently cashed in some stocks and bonds and made a little profit (profit sharing arrangement through my employer) so the damned LBA bug is nipping at that tiny bit of common sense I still retain.
01-26-2008, 04:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Powerful image and spetacular colour!

Love that photo
01-27-2008, 01:16 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Very nice shot, I'd never have thought of shooting that one. You've got a good eye....
01-27-2008, 06:01 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Very nice shot, I'd never have thought of shooting that one. You've got a good eye....
Thanks for looking. I really appreciate your comments.