Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Santa Cruz Island
Lens: Pentax 55-300 mm f/4-5.8 ED Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Near El Capitan State Beach 
Posted By: GeoJerry, 07-17-2012, 10:14 PM

Tonight's project... here is another shot of Santa Cruz Island, the largest of the Channel Islands of the coast of southern California. This one is about 25 miles long and 5 miles wide. It's part of Channel Islands National Park, and access is pretty strictly controlled. If you're ever in SoCal, don't miss a day trip out of Ventura Harbor to go see it. The coast here trends west-east, the camera is pointing due south.

Views: 737
07-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Alas, our scheduled trip to the Channel Island was cancelled due to bad weather - sunny in Ventura but not so much in the Channel Islands. We were so disappointed. Of course, that means we have to go back. Thanks for showing me what we missed. I have a shot of a cloud covered blob on the horizon..
07-18-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice softness to this shot.
07-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Alas, our scheduled trip to the Channel Island was cancelled due to bad weather - sunny in Ventura but not so much in the Channel Islands. We were so disappointed. Of course, that means we have to go back. Thanks for showing me what we missed. I have a shot of a cloud covered blob on the horizon..
You won't be disappointed! It's like going back in time... no roads, no trash, no towns, nothing.

And thanks also to Dave. I used OnOne's "Glow Forest Green" effect to get that soft look.