Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some Singles- C&C
Posted By: Adam, 12-30-2006, 09:36 PM

I'm not going to share my new Salt River Canyon gallery today, but I'd like to receive C&C on the following 2 shots:

SMC Pentax-FA 28-105mm F4-5.6 PZ

SMC Pentax-FA* 24mm

Thanks!
Views: 2,712
12-30-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful colors, and everything, nice job Mo

The old bridge on the top pic is so beautiful I wish that the new bridge wasn't there
12-30-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

These are real nice. I do miss seeing the salt river canyon. Thanks.

Nice foreground and the river/walls sweeping into the distance secretly around the bend to where....\

Did you ever to a tube float of the salt river?
12-30-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi adam, I noted from your series of FA*24 shots. The lens does the colours orange and green really well. In your 2nd shot, the bottom of valley has this beautiful range of colour that I would just love to see in great details.

Would you mind to do 100% crop but only reveal centre river area where there is lots of colour?

Great post.

12-30-2006, 11:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

good captures of some great scenery.. seems like you are making good use of that FA*24
12-31-2006, 12:14 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Hi adam, I noted from your series of FA*24 shots. The lens does the colours orange and green really well. In your 2nd shot, the bottom of valley has this beautiful range of colour that I would just love to see in great details.

Would you mind to do 100% crop but only reveal centre river area where there is lots of colour?

Great post.
No problem
Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-31-2006, 02:55 AM   #7
Veteran Member

This is a big crop but I can tell there is still a lot of details in the centre with good colour. I can even see the bottom of the river with rock details both above and beneath the water surface.

What aperture was used in this shot, Adam?

Maybe a less aggressive crop: just the black shadow on the right and a bit of sky off. This would be a great photo

12-31-2006, 03:12 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Adam they are great pictures, the color in both are outstanding and so is the composition.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-31-2006, 06:17 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Hmmmm...

Both are very good, but I get a better feelig of the distances involved in the second shot with the sharpness gradually fading into the distant hills. The colors are amazing.

Is that a foot trail I see on the left of the photo leading from a road to the canyon?
12-31-2006, 09:19 AM   #10

Great pics Mo

Roads, I love roads...
Is that 93 heading towards Vegas???
12-31-2006, 12:46 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wjwncpro Quote
Roads, I love roads...
Is that 93 heading towards Vegas???
It's the 77

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Both are very good, but I get a better feelig of the distances involved in the second shot with the sharpness gradually fading into the distant hills. The colors are amazing.

Is that a foot trail I see on the left of the photo leading from a road to the canyon?
No, it's just a small parking space for taking photos.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-31-2006, 11:04 PM   #12
Rak
Inactive Account

I went along with Mo for this trip. I thought my shot of the bridge was sharp, but when I compare it to yours side-by-side, it looks substantially unclear. I cannot believe it -- your photos are incredibly sharp.

Here are some of my shots from the trip: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/1961-salt-river-canyon.html.
01-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #13
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
This is a big crop but I can tell there is still a lot of details in the centre with good colour. I can even see the bottom of the river with rock details both above and beneath the water surface.

What aperture was used in this shot, Adam?

Maybe a less aggressive crop: just the black shadow on the right and a bit of sky off. This would be a great photo
This one was shot at 1/500s, F5.6, ISO 100. Quite a ways down from F2, but perhaps I should have taken at 1 stop slower. SR helps, but I usually still try to go for the fastest reasonable shutter speed in landscape photos.

Can you crop it and post what you have in mind, please?

QuoteOriginally posted by Rak Quote
I went along with Mo for this trip. I thought my shot of the bridge was sharp, but when I compare it to yours side-by-side, it looks substantially unclear. I cannot believe it -- your photos are incredibly sharp.
You really need those megapixels in landscape shots, lol. It's practically the only time you can tell the difference between 6MP and 10MP.

Let's not bring film into the picture, however. I still have 5 shots left on my NII, and I don't plan on wasting them

Adam

01-05-2007, 09:28 PM   #14
Veteran Member

The look very good to me Adam....great composition and colors and are nice and sharp.
Cheers.
01-06-2007, 06:57 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Adam both are great. The second one is very very nice but if you want my $.02 maybe crop a little off the top.