Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tornado spotted in the Boston area.
Lens: 18-250 Pentax Camera: K5 Photo Location: Saugus Ma. 
Posted By: charliezap, 07-19-2012, 07:07 AM

The weather in this country is getting progressively extreme year after year and the weather gurus are saying that it will be the norm in the coming years.This past week in the Boston area it was 90 plus for several days with very high humidity. When the front went through the area I had the biggest hail that I've seen in this area and tornado warnings were issued also.Usually the intensity of storms diminish when they approach the cooler coastal air but yesterday was a crazy day with 1"of rain in 10 minutes and unbelievable thunder and lightning and wind gusts in some locals. Many people in this country get this type of weather but here in the Boston area it is rare.The picture of the hail was taken 15 minutes after they fell.---charliezap

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 1,051
07-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Now that's scary. Glad you're OK. These storms and this weather has been really bad this summer. Will almost be glad to see winter get here.
07-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mother Nature is pissed.
07-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Now that's scary. Glad you're OK. These storms and this weather has been really bad this summer. Will almost be glad to see winter get here.
I wanted to get a decent lightning shot Susan but I got a brain cramp.There was so much lightning around me I should have videoed it with the K5 and then later selected a decent frame to post.-next time.--charliezap

07-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man, that hail is big enough to knock you out, looks like you are getting mid-west weather in Boston
07-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dma110 Quote
Mother Nature is pissed.
Last winter we ended up with less than 8" of snow for the whole season. Heat is the engine that fuels violent weather. I like the excitement of weather but I have to be careful what I wish for.---charliezap
07-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

it was quite the 'blow' we had yesterday charlie... hope you put that hail to good use... like in a nice tall glass with bacardi and coke! dave m

07-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Take care buddy the weather can be nasty and violent without much warning. We have had a couple of days where the hail was like you have and torrential downpour with some major flooding in some areas (basements , parking areas , low lying spots on major through-fares )
07-20-2012, 05:32 AM   #9

Not to diminish your experience, but have you ever heard of the Worcester Tornado (1953)? Flint?Worcester tornado outbreak sequence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I lived in Mass for 4 years. Loved the mild summers there.
07-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Man, that hail is big enough to knock you out, looks like you are getting mid-west weather in Boston
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
it was quite the 'blow' we had yesterday charlie... hope you put that hail to good use... like in a nice tall glass with bacardi and coke! dave m
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Take care buddy the weather can be nasty and violent without much warning. We have had a couple of days where the hail was like you have and torrential downpour with some major flooding in some areas (basements , parking areas , low lying spots on major through-fares )
Now that the excitement is over we are having a gorgeous stretch with pleasant temps and low humidity.--charliezap
07-21-2012, 04:20 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope your cars, house, etc. survived that hail intact. And green skies sure look ominous. At least you've been rewarded with good weather for now.