Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  
Hiking the Indian Peaks Wilderness (many photos)
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 07-22-2012, 08:05 PM

I went hiking today in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. This area is breathtaking, in more ways than one (most of the trails are over 10,000 ft and some go up to 12,500 ft in elevation). I hiked over a few different trails and got up to the Pawnee Pass trail, but didn't go over because of the continuous rain (and some good lightning storms).

I covered a little over 8 miles and took many photos. The weather wasn't really cooperating, so many of the photos aren't as good as they could have been (dull skies), BUT I got a few photos I wouldn't have got otherwise. Here are a few of the photos.

As a sat down for lunch, this guy kept me company

Not a bad view for a lunch break!

Well, that is all I post processed. I have more, but I think this is plenty
Views: 2,054
07-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A gorgeous series of stunning landscapes and great chipmunk (?) pics - I can even smell the clean air!

Jer

07-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyricom Quote
Great series (some ferocious looking wildlife too). REALLY makes me homesick for the west

Yeah, he wouldn't leave me alone. I also seen marmots and pikas, but didn't get any shots of them. No large wildlife spotted on this hike.
07-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Magnificent. And only one shot (#8) has a sky I would consider dull....
Thank you Sandy. It was trying at times to get any detail from the sky. A lot of the photos I didn't bother to post process because of the soupy looking sky.
07-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Beautiful country CJ is all that water drinkable ? I'll bet it's fresh and refreshing. Really like the lunch view.
Thanks daacon! The water is drinkable, but it is recommended to filter it first. Mountain waters can carry giardia that can cause some pretty bad cramping (among other things ). I've drank from mountain streams every once in a while (when my camelback runs out) and didn't have a problem, but it is best to filter it first.

07-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Well done. I had my first visit to the area last week and these beautiful shots really capture it.
Thanks. It should be a must visit place if you are ever in the area. Great hiking and the scenery isn't too bad either.
07-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Very nice!
Thank you Lauren.
07-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Very nice looking scenics well photographed.---charliezap
Thanks Charlie, I tried my best

07-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Trying to pick a favorite out of this group and gave it up. Too much effort because you posted to darn many wonderful shots. You are so lucky to live in that area but you also make the most of it. I envy you your ability to hike into these areas. Thanks so much for sharing these.
I'm glad you like them. I know I am lucky living where I do and definitely don't take it for granted. It is an outdoorsman's dream.
07-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You did well here despite the light changing which happens a lot in the mountains. You could try using a CPL if you have one. My problem is I get so tired just hiking I don't have enough energy to take the pictures.
07-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Truly an inspiring set of images. I want to load up my back pack and find a bit of this! Thanks for sharing.