Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fisheye Architecture
Posted By: daacon, 01-26-2008, 08:07 PM

Some of you may know I recently was given the DA 10-17 - so far I am loving it. Now on to somehting other than noses

From across the street of one of the oldest theatres in town - the fact that it is still called a theater is a testament in itself
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2169/2221247833_bfba108e05_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

A friendly place like cheers !
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2070/2222039390_26b99d6bd3_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

If you stayed in the place above a little too long, this is how your vision may be affected after a few pops Notice the sign no Bikes , rollerblades and skateboards no wonder look at the angle of that sidewalk !!!
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2010/2221247983_343edf9f4b_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Stagger over to the next wattering hole.
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2206/2222039548_49fc0f7bf9_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Hope you aren't tired of fisheye posts yet as I am sure I wll have more !
Views: 1,078
01-26-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
interesting. I streightened out the last image in PSP X2 and it actually looses something in the process.

Rather boring actually without the fisheye effect
01-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #3
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How come ypu picked the pub and not the theatre as your subject... ?

The 10-17 is a great lens, fun to use!
01-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dave, you'll have to stop this my lens kitty is empty for this year. :-) Glad you enjoy the new lens,

Take care, Heinrich

01-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote

If he would have taken them from the pub side we might have seen more distortions than just the ones from the fisheye. :-)
01-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Dave, your making me want to buy that DA 10-17. I already have a mild case of LBA, these pictures aren't helping my case of LBA haha

-Ro
01-26-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
interesting. I streightened out the last image in PSP X2 and it actually looses something in the process.
Rather boring actually without the fisheye effect
Thanks Lowell - I think most of the shots I have taken with the fisheye would be of the snapshot variety without the fisheye effect. For me the fisheye is very fun and hey that's what it's all about

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I would have had to cross the street! Umm Pup or Theatre it was a tough choice maybe the art side of me will take over next time.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Dave, you'll have to stop this my lens kitty is empty for this year. :-) Glad you enjoy the new lens,
Take care, Heinrich
Haha Thanks Heinrich - I am enjoying it, Glad I got out today as next week looks miserably weather wise .. I think my LBA needs a sabitical as well

QuoteOriginally posted by quickpix Quote
Dave, your making me want to buy that DA 10-17. I already have a mild case of LBA, these pictures aren't helping my case of LBA haha
-Ro
It is a fun one Ro , I think the fisheye is something you either like or hate , I am of the former group for sure Unfortunately as far as I am aware the LBA starts as an envious feeling, then progresses to a want , left untreated if flares into a need and then the only cure is a purchase - once affected you can control it , but I heard it never really goes away ! BTW I will post at least one more tomorrow

01-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Some of you may know I recently was given the DA 10-17...
That really is not fair - unless it was your birthday or Christmas.

QuoteQuote:
Hope you aren't tired of fisheye posts yet as I am sure I wll have more !
[/QUOTE]

Keep them coming.

I like them all but would level the first one and crop off some excess street at the bottom.
01-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
That really is not fair - unless it was your birthday or Christmas.
Haha then fair it is https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/19190-happy-birthday.html

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Keep them coming.

I like them all but would level the first one and crop off some excess street at the bottom.
Thanks for the tip !