Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Live and death on a Prickly Rose
Lens: DFA 2.8 100mm macro plus 36mm ext. tubes Camera: K 5 Photo Location: Alberta, Canada 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 07-25-2012, 07:40 PM

Just for size comparison, here is an image of a bloomed out Prickly Rose. Petal to petal edge around 1.5 inches.

I had never seen these little beetles before and only ever on Prickly Roses, ones the roses were gone so were the beetles. They reminded me somewhat of the love bugs in Florida, always in mating mode.

And a tiny fly feeding on something tinier

And a golden rod spider found lunch as well.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Views: 836
07-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
How does one edit a thread title to correct spelling?
07-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
wonderful upclose macros Heinrich, you bring the little world into focus for us. Great job.
07-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
How does one edit a thread title to correct spelling?
Apologize for the misspelling and move on Heinrich. I don't think there is anything you can do about it yourself. The photos are so darn good though people will completely forget or disregard the misspelled word anyway.

07-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautifully done, Heinrich, as always. These shots remind me how oblivious I am to the million stories going on around us constantly in the macro world.

Jer
07-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow now those are National Geographic quality - outstanding Heinrich , even more so than your usual high standards.
07-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
superb captures heinrich... the subject matter is very interesting.. if not very creepy! well done, dave m

07-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
wonderful upclose macros Heinrich, you bring the little world into focus for us. Great job.
Thank you Bob, I have fun doing it but it becomes increasingly hard on the old back. After two days of doing macros on the last trip, if it wasn't 5 feet off the ground it wasn't photogenic.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Apologize for the misspelling and move on Heinrich. I don't think there is anything you can do about it yourself. The photos are so darn good though people will completely forget or disregard the misspelled word anyway.
Susan, thank you for the kind words and for putting it into perspective. I tend to get hung up on the small things. (my eye-surgeon keps telling me that it has to do with birthdays)

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Beautifully done, Heinrich, as always. These shots remind me how oblivious I am to the million stories going on around us constantly in the macro world.

Jer
Thank you Jer, you and me both, once in a while one spends a few hours looking at it and than it's forgotten again but it is such a fascinating world.

Take care.

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Wow now those are National Geographic quality - outstanding Heinrich , even more so than your usual high standards.
Thank you Dave for the praise but I'm afraid National Geographic might have a different opinion.

Take care,

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
superb captures heinrich... the subject matter is very interesting.. if not very creepy! well done, dave m
Dave, thank you for the kind comments and yes, sometimes I look through the viewfinder at something and it is creepy but I take the picture any way.