Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sandwich anyone?
Posted By: thomasjmpark, 01-27-2008, 06:30 AM

Hi,

A bit bored today so thought id try and add a bit of drama to a cheese and pickle sandwich!! The subject in question has been lying on a plate for 2 days on a shelf (forgot about it!) and the mayo looks like it has turned to glue!

Unfortunately my tripod is in London so had fun tryin balance the camera on the back of a chair using the 12 sec timer.

Just had a look at DistortedVision's post of the cars, kinda makes me wonder where im going wrong with subject matter!

Last edited by thomasjmpark; 01-27-2008 at 06:45 AM.
Views: 2,059
01-27-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice Tom , I think it is art as it certainly has passed the editable stage! I looked and looked but could not see any obvious images of any religious icons in there. Perhaps if you let it sit for a few more days Still if you mention something in your Ebay about the lack of the Virgin Mary in your listing I am sure someone will buy it !

Last edited by daacon; 01-27-2008 at 07:03 AM.
01-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by thomasjmpark Quote
Hi,

A bit bored today so thought id try and add a bit of drama to a cheese and pickle sandwich!! The subject in question has been lying on a plate for 2 days on a shelf (forgot about it!) and the mayo looks like it has turned to glue!

Unfortunately my tripod is in London so had fun tryin balance the camera on the back of a chair using the 12 sec timer.

Just had a look at DistortedVision's post of the cars, kinda makes me wonder where im going wrong with subject matter!
Yeah - I concur on the subject matter issue. See, it's summer there in the Land of Oz. We, stuck in the northern hemisphere, are suffering the winter doldrums. Whilst he is out enjoying a spin around the block with his mates you are left inside to take pictures of long forgotten, half-eaten meals. Honestly Tom, it is a beautiful picture of a something disgusting! Obviously it wasn't that good to begin with or you would have finished it Friday.

Spring is coming, and very soon those of us in the top half of the planet can once again venture out and enjoy the day without fear of frostbite.
01-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
lol. It is pretty disgusting ans was surely hurled out the window after the shots were taken. I hope i didnt hit any ducks as it was as hard as a brick!

I was contemplating a macro of a cheese and onion crisp but thought that was going too far

Hear hear, roll on the summer!

01-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Oh man....you took a bite out of it already!!
Now you have spoiled it.....

Prefer the color one as food never looked good to me in black and white.
Pity the poor person who is totally color blind.
01-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Pity the poor person who is totally color blind
lol, indeed Thanks Clarence
01-27-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I am indeed humbled. To take such an innocuous subject and get a photo that looks so good is real skill. Bravo, Tom, excellent lighting and composition, and a good chuckle at Dave's comment about the absence of religious icons!

01-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Steve, I know its funny the ideas you get when you have too much time on your hands!

Dave, sorry I didnt see your reply. I use the wheel on my mouse and must have shot past it! lol by the way, no virgin mary in this im afraid just 2 day branston pickle!