Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Shot for Bob Harris . . . . . . that I Missed
Posted By: Sailor, 07-28-2012, 12:07 PM

Today, during a morning bicycle ride, Connie and I came upon a small car show held for the benefit of folks in a retirement community. Cars on display made up the usual mix of '60s muscle cars, hot rods, various Corvettes, but among this stuff was a true jewel - a beautifully restored, totally original gold '64 Stingray roadster with a 375HP, fuel-injected 327 mill, 4-speed tranny and a gorgeous tan interior. The owner of the car told me he found it about 10 years ago in a storage shed. The car had been painted white and had a 283 under the hood, but the original 327 was sitting in a crate beside it. He bought and restored the car, and during his research of its history, he discovered that the car had been in trials for the Pike's Peak hill climb but was damaged during qualification.

Since I didn't have a camera with me, I was unable to capture this beauty to show Bob - our resident Corvette devotee. So - as an alternative - I post this picture of another stunning gold vehicle, complete with a portrait of the driver.

Jer

Views: 987
07-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Now that's how ypou enjoy a bike ride Jer. Cheers JIMBO
07-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I saw my name, my heart raced and I immediately dove into the narrative thinking Yes, Jer had finally found a Vette worthy of taking a photo. My excitement continued as the words spoke of a rare beauty restored to perfection for me to view this afternoon. With bated breath and heart racing I continued until I reached the last sentence, total mental collapse for me. WHAT??, my other brother without a camera, the man of many camera bodies and a lens selection that many would kill for. I remember he even has a nifty point/shoot that preforms to excellent standards. To borrow a line from Eric Burdon's "Immigrant Lad",
"and Here I Sit with a Tear in My Eye", I too sit in solitude viewing a smiling Jer with Bud in hand and his trusty custom Golden Rod steed at the ready. To soothe my wounded soul I have repetitively listened to Shut Down, waiting for Terri to get home with my own Bud Light, which may help to relive what Jer must of seen in person.
07-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Now that's a classic shot in it's own right - cheers buddy.

07-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Now that's how ypou enjoy a bike ride Jer. Cheers JIMBO
Hey JIM - I should admit that Connie took that photo last January (I think) when I hit 7000 miles on my bike (I just hit 8000). Sadly, it was the best I could do for Bob given the circumstances.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Now that's a classic shot in it's own right - cheers buddy.
Thanks, buddy. But does my butt look too big?

Jer
07-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
When I saw my name, my heart raced and I immediately dove into the narrative thinking Yes, Jer had finally found a Vette worthy of taking a photo. My excitement continued as the words spoke of a rare beauty restored to perfection for me to view this afternoon. With bated breath and heart racing I continued until I reached the last sentence, total mental collapse for me. WHAT??, my other brother without a camera, the man of many camera bodies and a lens selection that many would kill for. I remember he even has a nifty point/shoot that preforms to excellent standards. To borrow a line from Eric Burdon's "Immigrant Lad",
"and Here I Sit with a Tear in My Eye", I too sit in solitude viewing a smiling Jer with Bud in hand and his trusty custom Golden Rod steed at the ready. To soothe my wounded soul I have repetitively listened to Shut Down, waiting for Terri to get home with my own Bud Light, which may help to relive what Jer must of seen in person.
Bob - I'm simply smothered in shame. Here was the car from "Shut Down" and me with only a bottle of Gator Aide.

There is hope, however. The car's owner is a local guy. As we chatted and he asked about my automotive tendencies, I mentioned my Boxster, and he recognized me from an earlier meeting. It turns out he's a good friend of our neighbors across the street - so maybe I'll see it again with camera in hand.

Jer
07-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey JIM - I should admit that Connie took that photo last January (I think) when I hit 7000 miles on my bike (I just hit 8000). Sadly, it was the best I could do for Bob given the circumstances.
Jer
Thanks, buddy. But does my butt look too big?
Jer
Well I wasn't gonna say anything but since you asked

07-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well I wasn't gonna say anything but since you asked
That's it! Weight Watchers here I come - do you think they have Weight Watchers Beer? My greatest fear is to have no beer.

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 07-28-2012 at 06:53 PM.
07-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Not sure about the butt since it is turned from the camera but those feet are huge.
07-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
That's it! Weight Watchers here I come - do you think they have Weight Watchers Beer? My greatest fear is to have no beer.
Jer
Got ya covered 30 Day Beer Diet
07-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm not much help here.....I'm not a Chevy guy, don't believe much in running, walking, or bike riding...they are all great at wearing out your body, and since mine is already worn out, what's the point?

I do like a good beer every so often, and a nice butt will always turn my head, but only if there is some balance at the top....and you look as flat chested as I am.

Best Regards! Love to see you guys have a little fun, this damn world has way too little !
07-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Not sure about the butt since it is turned from the camera but those feet are huge.
Some people get a big brain, some people get big feet.

Jer

Got ya covered 30 Day Beer Diet
Aaaahhhhhh - I can count on you, buddy, to put my fevered mind to rest.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm not much help here.....I'm not a Chevy guy, don't believe much in running, walking, or bike riding...they are all great at wearing out your body, and since mine is already worn out, what's the point?

I do like a good beer every so often, and a nice butt will always turn my head, but only if there is some balance at the top....and you look as flat chested as I am.

Best Regards! Love to see you guys have a little fun, this damn world has way too little !
Rupert, I've said many times on the forum, "if we weren't nuts, we'd go crazy." . . . . . . . or is that, "if we weren't crazy, we'd go nuts?" . . . . . . .

Jer
07-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

pre or post libation jer???? for me, it'd be pre, would need a little lubrication to dull the impending pain... dave m
07-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
pre or post libation jer???? for me, it'd be pre, would need a little lubrication to dull the impending pain... dave m
A celebratory libation after the 7000 mile mark. When I hit 8000 a couple of weeks ago, I just had a Coke.

Unfortunately, this pic of the bike and its svelte, handsome rider are no substitute for the Stingray shot I missed .

Jer